New amateur enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
Curently working on my first gallon batch of mead. I've been wanting to do this for a while since i first tried mead a couple of years back. Hoping to get wild and make some tasty stuff!

i've never even tasted mead, so you're going into uncharted territory to me....But, Welcome!

(i have made cyser though, and liked it! ;))

Remember that brewing is a craft that requires patience, practice, and sometimes humility. Once you get over the initial high of creating your first brew, you're going to start looking to make improvements which is why we all spend so much time on HBT. We're all here to learn and help. Good luck with your 1st batch of mead.

Welcome! My local brew shop's owner also has their own apiary -- They charge $32/5 lbs.

I have no idea or not if that's good, but it beats my grocery store! I've only had one run-in with mead that I remember, and honestly I loved it. Since it does take such a volume of honey to produce, make sure you hunt out those bulk deals instead of just going off the shelf right away!

Back