**New Airline** PetAirways

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Yes... it is what you think. It is an airline, for pets... pets ONLY. You check yourself in to ride on a 737 and you check your pet in for PetAirways. Lassie gets to spend her time in a "pet lounge" with caretakers and ride on her own aircraft... a Beech1900 turbo prop, to your destination.

They claim that they will alleviate the stress and strain that is typically placed on pets on major airlines.

When the representative was asked if she REALLY thought there was a large enough market for this business to keep it afloat, she gave an enthusiastic YES!! Pet lovers want an alternative! They will do what it takes to get thier pet the best care in the air.

NYC to MIA is about $150 each way.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Are people and investors REALLY this stupid? We are all in trouble.

Dude - you ought to wonder into a dog show! I have personally met some Standard Poodles that had access to a chartered jet!

Since I raised & showed these, I can tell you that those prices would be considered SWEET!

When you see one of those dogs at Westminister, the owners have likely spent about $30 - 50K in the last YEAR showing, handling, travel, and advertising that dog. No, I am not kidding.

Also, most of the airlines have a period of time during the summer months, and some in the winter, that are "No--Fly": times for unaccompanied pets.

As nonsensical and stupid as this is, I'm not underestimating how wacky and devoted to their pets the American owner is. This will do well.

Yes... it is what you think. It is an airline, for pets... pets ONLY. You check yourself in to ride on a 737 and you check your pet in for PetAirways. Lassie gets to spend her time in a "pet lounge" with caretakers and ride on her own aircraft... a Beech1900 turbo prop, to your destination.

They claim that they will alleviate the stress and strain that is typically placed on pets on major airlines.

When the representative was asked if she REALLY thought there was a large enough market for this business to keep it afloat, she gave an enthusiastic YES!! Pet lovers want an alternative! They will do what it takes to get thier pet the best care in the air.

NYC to MIA is about $150 each way.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Are people and investors REALLY this stupid? We are all in trouble.

I'd say the investors aren't the stupid ones. People in this country often care more about their pets than they do other people. I mean, people get brutally attacked and murdered every day, and the populace for the most part shrugs it off...but Mike Vick kills some dogs because they lost a dogfight, and the whole nation is in a populist uproar. Not to say that it was a bad thing that he did, but still...the priorities in this country when it comes to pets are wonky. And so, I think that this just might be a good investment opportunity. When it comes to pets, the wealthy and upper-middle-classes often have a blank check waiting for you.

I think they should liscense this for the logo.....and give all you pilots WWII era leather jackets with it as a shoulder patch....And white scarves, you need scarves...:D

snoopy_on_doghouse.jpg

Oh there are people that will pay it. BUT NOT enough to support an airline, with 25 year old turbo-props, pilots, fuel, maintenance, insurance etc.

I mean people pay UAL exorbitant prices for tickets, but not enough of them do to support the airline.

Id apply to be a pilot there, but a B1900 captain would make 1/3 what I do, and Id be unemployed in 6 months. :D

This is a joke... is it April 1st?

I cant wait to see these guys out in NYC...

FWIW, we can carry pets any time of year, there is no temperature limit (45F-85F)????. The cargo hold is pressurized and the air is the same air that the passengers breathe. 48% recirculated and 52% fresh air.

It can't be a real airline until it charges the pets $7 to use a blanket in the cargo hold.:D

On the plus side, the flight attendants won't hear anybody bitching about not being able to use cell phones.

It can't be a real airline until it charges the pets $7 to use a blanket in the cargo hold.:D

On the plus side, the flight attendants won't hear anybody bitching about not being able to use cell phones.

I bet thier flight attendants are "dogs" LOL

Sure some ppl are willing to pay, but as in any business, you need enough people to be willing to pay, on a regualr basis, to keep the lights on.

Yeah, I agree, might be a stretch here. But seeing how most airlines charge a lot more (Delta is $275 for checked, $150 in cabin) than this service, they might draw some new business.

Yeah, I agree, might be a stretch here. But seeing how most airlines charge a lot more (Delta is $275 for checked, $150 in cabin) than this service, they might draw some new business.

Maybe, but I honestly have MAYBE ONE pet everyt three months on my aircraft... so....it isnt like this plane is going to be running around full.

Maybe, but I honestly have MAYBE ONE pet everyt three months on my aircraft...

That you know of. I am not saying I have ever sneaked an animal as carry-on, but it is not hard to do. :D (and the folks over at TSA, also don't care, again never done it;))

Trust me, with carry on space at a premium, you know what ppl are carrying on. Also, the $149 is for a limited time. Also consider that your pet isnt going to get there when you do, so you will have to make a special trip to get your pet.

Back