NEIPA Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhm8484

Reaction score
I have the following in my freezer
Zythos 9.2% 3oz
Columbus 14.3% 4oz
Apollo 16% 4oz
Cascade 7.6% 11oz
Amarillo 9.0% 4oz
Sterling 11.3% 8oz

That's the aa and ounces I have if each need the know what combos everyone would use thanks and cheers

I've never used Zythos, but that blend was specifically created for a citrus bang. So I'm trusting Hopunion on that :)

Assuming a five gallon batch I'd use the Columbus for a single 60 minute addition to make most of the IBUs. Figure out the amount that suits you, I'd figure a half ounce. Use an ounce each of the Apollo, Amarillo and Cascade at Flame Out, cool the wort to 160°F, and whirlpool an ounce each of Zythos, Amarillo and Cascade for 20 minutes, then leave them in while you chill to pitching temperature.

Pitch your yeast, let it rip for 3-4 days to the tail end of active fermentation then dry hop with an ounce each of Zythos, Amarillo and Cascade. Let those ride for three days, then do a second round. Let the whole works go another 3-4 days then figure out your route to packaging (I cold crash under CO2 for 48 hours then keg)...

Cheers!

0.5 oz Columbus 60 min
1 oz Apollo 10 min
3 oz Columbus whirlpool
0.5 oz Columbus dry hop
4 oz Amarillo dry hop
3 oz Cascade dry hop

Mike look kind of strange, but this is similar to the Trillium Melcher St recipe. You'll get a lot of nice dank base notes in the flavor from all the Columbus and Apollo in the boil/WP, and then some bright fruity citrus notes from the Amarillo and Cascade in the dry hop.

Latest posts

Back