Looking to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathomas

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've home brewed a few times, and my boyfriend and I are looking to start kegging! Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best equipment to use? We are looking to stay around $400.

Preferably, we'd like to be able to hook up two corney kegs in the kegerator at once. I've mostly only seen manufactured kegerators with one tap; are there any that have two or would we have to do it ourselves?

Also for those of you who have kegs in their houses, do you have/wish you had two taps versus one? Is it worth it to spend much more for the option of a second tap?

Thanks!

Visit Kegconnection.com or give tjem a call they will help you stay in budge and get you what you need at a good price

If I were to buy a one tap kegerator that had the space to fit two corney kegs, is there a way to modify it for two tap handles?

kathomas said:
If I were to buy a one tap kegerator that had the space to fit two corney kegs, is there a way to modify it for two tap handles?

If it has a draft tower than you can simply switch the tower out later or drill a hole for another faucet if you want.

+1 on keg connection. I was very budget conscious and got away with a single keg pin lock setup for $156. To add another keg in the future will probably cost around $65-80. If you go with Ball locks you will have a larger selection of fridges to choose from. If you're a technical DIY'er you can modify a wide selection of fridges.

You've got to decide if you want a tower or through the door taps though. Towers can become quite an expense. It's still much cheaper to make a kegerator yourself though.

KromeDispence

Scroll down the page and look at C522. That is an Expansion kit to change a single faucet tower to a dual.

There are other ways to do the same thing but that should be the easiest using a readily available single faucet kegerator.

You should be able to get the conversion kit at any good keg parts supplier. On a wholesale level, Foxx Equipment has them.

Hey guys,

I've home brewed a few times, and my boyfriend and I are looking to start kegging! Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best equipment to use? We are looking to stay around $400.

Preferably, we'd like to be able to hook up two corney kegs in the kegerator at once. I've mostly only seen manufactured kegerators with one tap; are there any that have two or would we have to do it ourselves?

Also for those of you who have kegs in their houses, do you have/wish you had two taps versus one? Is it worth it to spend much more for the option of a second tap?

Thanks!

We have several kits that would meet your needs at good prices. You can see them here: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kits/ Thanks for checking us out!

Back