howdy from virginia beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seadad9903

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, i'm a retired Navy guy now being a stay at home dad (or "Man of Leisure" as i call it). have wanted to homebrew for a while and now have the chance. just opened a white house honey ale (not bad for a first try) and have an ipa bottle conditioning

thomas

I also thank you for your service. former navy here too.

NOVA too.

except I don't see how someone from south of the Occoquan can claim to be in northern Virginia ;)

welcome to the obsession... chief(?)

Howdy everyone, i'm a retired Navy guy now being a stay at home dad (or "Man of Leisure" as i call it). have wanted to homebrew for a while and now have the chance. just opened a white house honey ale (not bad for a first try) and have an ipa bottle conditioning

thomas

Welcome to the forum, and the addiction. I'm in VA Beach as well, so if you're interested in a trade or getting together for a homebrew, let me know. I'm always looking for fellow brewers to meet up with. I've been brewing for about a year and a half now and it didn't take long to get carried away with it. After about 2 extract kits, I went all out with the full all-grain setup. Now my garage is full of beer stuff. Not sure where you get your supplies from, but there is a better place than the obvious one that I won't name. Feel free to PM me for contact info or anything else I can do.

Oh, and from a "Navy brat", thanks for your service. My retired (Navy) Dad also brews.

Welcome aboard from a former engineer... Machinist Mate First when I got out. Joined in 1971 served on "tin cans" and an aircraft carrier. Much preferred the ride of the carrier but life on a tin can was better for me. Mt first brew was a kit Irish Stout... the air lock fouled and it painted swmbos kitchen ceiling with chocolate colored schmuck, as she called it. Have fun with this great hobby... cheers.

Welcome to a wonderful world. I'll be moving to Virginia Beach at the end of the month and finally be brewing as much as I can. Let me know if you have any troubles/questions, but this group will probably be able to answer any questions.

Also jmcquestion, I'll be looking for some brew buddies, I'll shoot you a PM whenever I get set up.

Cheers

Welcome to a wonderful world. I'll be moving to Virginia Beach at the end of the month and finally be brewing as much as I can. Let me know if you have any troubles/questions, but this group will probably be able to answer any questions.

Also jmcquestion, I'll be looking for some brew buddies, I'll shoot you a PM whenever I get set up.

Cheers

Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting more homebrewers. Let me know if you need info about the area, or hb shops.

thanks for all the welcomes. yes, i retired as a chief bosun's mate, but spent most of my career as part of the deployable security forces. loved it, but happy to have more time for my family and my "hobbies" (i 'que also).

This is too weird.

My name's also Thomas, and I always say "Howdy from NC" in my replies to intro posts. Is this the twilight zone? LOL.

Oh well,

Howdy from NC :) and thanks for serving. My wife's a former sailor, but that's the closest tie I have to the navy.

Back