MyPin TD6-SNR PID for RIMS?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitmoe

Reaction score
They will work though MyPin PIDs can be frustrating to the uninitiated. The "GUI", to abuse a term, is less than intuitive and the instructions are not written by a native English speaker to say the least. They also don't have a manual mode so they don't work so well for the boil. That said, they are cheap and should work just fine for the mash/HERMS. I'm currently using a TA4 for a sous vide machine.

The Auber PIDs are worth the extra money though just for ease of use.

TA4 does not have a manual mode. TD4 does have a manual mode. I am not sure about TD6.

So it sounds like this TD6 will work if I'm willing to put up with a crappy UI and instructions? I might just try it out and see if I can make it work. I'm already way over budget on the single tier I built and this RIMS was an afterthought. Never had interest in automation until I stopped using a cooler mash tun. I can't seem to hit target temps with my new setup and I'm tired of messing up beers trying to "figure it out".

The D means it has a manual mode. The 4 or 6 refer to the size of the unit itself. 4s are 48x48, 6s are 96(h)x48(w). Now that I have mine figured out, I wouldnt hesitate to buy again.

Latest posts

Back