Blowoff tube has a lot of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beek

Reaction score
I think I might have filled my secondary too full. Now there is actual beer 6 inches up my blowoff tube. Any idea what to do? I was thinking about maybe transferring a little of it into a one gallon carboy but I'm unsure. Let me know please.

Pull the blow off tube out of the blow off jug. It'll suck some air & let the beer go back into the secondary. Then put the tube back into the liquid in the blow off.

Fermentation was complete but I racked onto blueberries. Any sugar in them could have caused more fermentation right?

I tried your suggestion. It worked but I think it'll keep happening. I hope this brew finishes soon. I can't wait to drink it. Hopefully it'll be ready to drink by my wedding on July 28. All my friends are coming to town and it would be great to have some nice blueberry wheat to drink.

Well,with 5 gallons in a 5 gallon secondary,it doesn't leave room for the berries to ferment,make krausen,etc. You'd need a 6 gallon for that.

Back