NE IPA Dry Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lallemand UK have officially announced the 500g bricks of their new "Verdant IPA" yeast. Which if Wyeast's lawyers are watching is definitely nothing to do with 1318.

Seems the 11g retail packs are a few weeks away in the UK, usually it takes a few weeks more to then cross the pond (subject to Covid weirdness).

Sounds like they're really happy with it, it's taken well to being dried so it sounds like there should be none of the problems they had with drying Conan. Just a few Covid delays I guess.

We are brewing a batch with the Lallemand NE IPA and it has been interesting.
We brewed it 15 days ago and had an OG of 1.075, used 2 packets and activated them at 86 Deg. F per the Lallemand Data Sheet. Like the Yeast Website said there was about a 36 hour lag to fermentation start. The Conical uses a Tilt2 instrument logging on 3 hour interval to cloud data sheet. it reacted slowly and was decreasing SG until yesterday at 1.011 for an 86% attenuation for 8.4 ABV. Has anyone used this yeast and had such a slow fermentation? It was slow like a tortoise but steady. Tomorrow we start the Dry Hop. Comments appreciated.

Got 2 packets of Lalbrew New England thinking it could get similar flavor profile as Conan. Planing to brew a good Bitter with this yeast and see how it goes. Any new recommendations using New England yeast?

brewed a neipa a month or so ago using lallemend voss kveik. fermented at 98 degrees F (had to wrap my head around that). was bubbling in about an hour or two and it went from 1.072 to terminal gravity is less that 2 days. hands down one of the better neipas I have had, let alone brewed.

Back