Spring rhizomes! Detroit Urban Growers Co-Hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgingHopster

Reaction score
We have a few Santium, Brewer's Gold, Golding, Spalter, Galena, Chinook and a couple others, that are in their second year in containers. We'll also have rhizomes fresh cut "while you wait" for the next couple weeks in the following varieties; All of the above plus, Cascade, Canadian Red Vine, Columbus, Newport, Sterling, Nugget, Willamette and Magnum.

We have 20 three year old plants to cut from. As we do our spring cultivation we're cutting more rhizomes and putting them in 2 gallon containers, so there's a steady flow of rhizomes for the next couple weeks.

$6 donation, delivery can be arranged

381373_10152751043000024_865302715_n.jpg

Are you guys interested in shipping just the cut rhizomes? I would need them shipped to the Green Bay, WI area, but will be planting in Upper Michigan.

I'd love to support a great beer state co-hop!

Thanks either way!

Are you guys interested in shipping just the cut rhizomes? I would need them shipped to the Green Bay, WI area, but will be planting in Upper Michigan.

I'd love to support a great beer state co-hop!

Thanks either way!

We're not actually a business, we're a community group. I know a great company that will ship any where any time. Call Great Lakes Hops. They're good people and they do a great business. I don't know of any company in the USA that can deliver like them. http://www.greatlakeshops.com

I figured you are not a business. I was hoping you could put some in a flat rate box, and I could pay you via paypal or mail you a bankers note before you shipped. There is a place in Appleton, WI (~30 miles away) that buys and sells hops, but they are sold out of Cascade. And I would rather my cash go directly to a community of brewers than just about anywhere else.

Thanks anyway. Happy brewing!

I am in the Port Huron Area, I am interested in Goldings, You said its in the planter if I am correct also would you happen to have mount hood.

Thank You

Shaun

I figured you are not a business. I was hoping you could put some in a flat rate box, and I could pay you via paypal or mail you a bankers note before you shipped. There is a place in Appleton, WI (~30 miles away) that buys and sells hops, but they are sold out of Cascade. And I would rather my cash go directly to a community of brewers than just about anywhere else.

Thanks anyway. Happy brewing!

Ok I can do that. I have no experience shipping rhizomes but I just received some in the mail from New Mission Organics in traverse city MI about 250 miles north of here. I'll just ship the same way they did (wrapped in wet paper towels and then in a few layers of plastic. I'll see if we can use my daughter's paypal.

I am in the Port Huron Area, I am interested in Goldings, You said its in the planter if I am correct also would you happen to have mount hood.

Thank You

Shaun

I sent you a PM

Back