Keg polishing 1 down 2 to go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juic

Reaction score
:rockin: my arms hurt but worth the effort. You have to look good while brewing right:mug:

image.jpg

I haven't polished mine yet, but I hit the whole thing with a flap wheel to clean it up. Looks ok, but I like the bling! They'll get polished at some point! Although I wasn't happy with just cleaning it up. No! I had to go and grind off the Anheuser Busch logo. Yeah. That took some time. But to me, it was totally worth it!

At some point I might hit mine with a flap wheel too. However, I don't know if I will actually put the time into the bling. I do love the look but man that's a lot of time for all three. Guess you never know, maybe I will be standing in the garage some day thinking what can I do...

What did you use to polish? I'd like to polish mine up but have no clue what I'm doing.

I’ve used the Gator grit fine pads and then the Gator grit polishing pads with a polishing compound and haven’t gotten good results. How long/ process has it taken everyone to get a mirror finish?

I’ve used the Gator grit fine pads and then the Gator grit polishing pads with a polishing compound and haven’t gotten good results. How long/ process has it taken everyone to get a mirror finish?

This thread seems to be the go-to thread for getting good info on polishing kegs. Bobby M is definitely a well respected and knowledgeable guy here on HBT!

I'll hook you up tonight juic! I totally got caught up in the Pens game last night and forgot to get better pics. I have a pic in this thread. So far, I've been focusing on my BK. The others will happen in time. I'll see if I can get better pics tonight of the skirts.

The polished keg look great! I'm at the end stages of my brewery build and it's one of the things that I have been putting off for waaaay too long. I already have several hours getting them through the sanding process, but now need to get them polished, so I can re-install all of the plumbing. Not looking forward to it, but they are not going to polish themselves! :mug:

Right on thanks. So it looks likr your building an electric brewery. So am I. I'm hoping to have it all done in a couple months. Hopefully

Latest posts

Back