My homebrewing book has been released

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisColby

Reaction score
My new book, "The Homebrew Recipe Bible," by Chris Colby (2016, Page Street Publishing) has just been released.
"Home Brew Recipe Bible" contains 101 homebrew recipes, all formulated with the same extract efficiency and hop utilization. Most major classic beer styles are present, along with a few experimental brews. All are 5.0-gallon recipes.
There are extract formulations given for every recipe possible. All the extract recipes contain base malts along with the steeping grains -- procedurally, they are similar to an extract with grains recipe, but since they contain base malts they are really a small partial mash. Because base grains add aroma to the beer, the extract formulations are superior to regular extract with grain formulations, IMO. (The temperatures and water-to-grain ratios are given, so the base grains will convert.)
Each recipe includes all the information you need, including optimal yeast starter size, strike water volume, amount of wort collect, etc. along with the usual temperatures and times.
In addition, most recipes have either added information on a relevant technique or ingredient, common ways to tweak the recipe, or both.
This is my first book and I tried to write a book that I would have enjoyed and benefitted from as a novice brewer. I hope all homebrewers will check it out -- it's on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, and in bookstores -- and consider adding it to their library.

Thanks,
Chris

PS I checked with Yooper before posting this here. I hope nobody minds a commercial post. I'm just one guy, a homebrewer and writer, not a big corporation. (Most of the proceeds from my royalties will go towards feeding the clowder of stray cats my wife and I have adopted. :) )

Chris, not sure from your description above and that on Amazon. Are these extract recipes or all grain?

Good luck OP. I looked at your amazon product page and you are off to a good start review-wise with 3 legitimate 5-star reviews including one from Brülosopher.

Chris, not sure from your description above and that on Amazon. Are these extract recipes or all grain?

Almost all of the recipes have all-grain and extract versions. (In most cases, the extract version is derived from the original all-grain. A couple went the other way.) A few of the all-grain recipes could not be converted to extract.

Chris

I should mention that it's still at the pre-rerelease price -- roughly $10 off the cover price -- at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I don't know when (or if) the price is going to go up.

Chris

I have a Reddit AMA scheduled for 9:00 am CST (10 EST) on Thursday to discuss my book, my website or any brewing topic. (Or hey, ask me about cats or zombies.) It will be held in the /r/Homebrewing subreddit. This subreddit is taking questions now, which will be voted on. The most highly upvoted questions will be asked first.

Chris

I picked up this book last week on Google play. I've really enjoyed thumbing through and reading/picking out my first samplers. Has nice photos and I really like the little extras alongside each recipe. Definitely worth adding to the library.

Back