my bar build-tracking my progress here-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And guess whose bar is in the newest edition (January-February 2010) of BYO?

None other than Chainsaw Brewing. Congrats Brian!

Photos Here!

And guess whose bar is in the newest edition (January-February 2010) of BYO?

None other than Chainsaw Brewing. Congrats Brian!

Photos Here!

thanks man. i just picked up this issue last night. i promoted HBT, and gave thanks by name to a couple of people who donated caps, and helped me, but they decided to edit those names out of the write up for some reason. :drunk:
still, i'm proud of the write up, and i'll be framing it up and hanging it up in the bar.

We need some more pics of the pole being used. I think my opinion is well supported.

Yeah, I saw that too and we like, I know that setup. Nice pics too, those look like professional quality. Did you take them or did they send someone out to take them?

Just saw the article a couple of days ago, and recognized the bar.

I didn't know your user name so I couldn't find this thread, but then one of your pics came up in the featured member photos...

Anyhow, Congrats on the write-up!

I think John Beere had the same thing happen when they published his walk in fridge article. It's kinda lame that they don't respect requests for research recognition but I understand that HBT is technically a competitor of BYO and Zymergy.

Yeah, I saw that too and we like, I know that setup. Nice pics too, those look like professional quality. Did you take them or did they send someone out to take them?

i missed this post before i guess. sorry. no, they didn't send anyone out. photography is one of my other hobbies, i took the photos and submitted them.

DUDE! I love it!
Congrats on the mag also.
I think everyone here wishes they could have a bar like that. Not to mention a lady that understands the amount of money/time it takes to make it worth while.
I can't say enough.... THAT IS FRIGG'N SWEET! :rockin: :mug: :rockin: :mug: :rockin: :ban: around the pole love it!

man, I'm new around here and I just saw your bar. I must say this is freakin' sweet! I love horror movies, beer, and strippers. How can there be a better man-cave? I hope you're enjoying it. Oh, and congrats on landing a chick that's into beer and Sluts 20! lol :mug:

Really, really nice bar. You wouldn't be interested in a 6-tap glycol chill-block from a Perlick tower would you. I pulled it out to convert to air chill and then sold the tower. It's just sitting in my garage and I would like to find a home for it if someone can use it. Let me know, and I'll post a picture.

Really, really nice bar. You wouldn't be interested in a 6-tap glycol chill-block from a Perlick tower would you. I pulled it out to convert to air chill and then sold the tower. It's just sitting in my garage and I would like to find a home for it if someone can use it. Let me know, and I'll post a picture.

Pics please, I'm definitely interested if it's narrow enough.

i'm gonna have to get some more pics up in this thread. the walls are almost completely covered now in stuff, and the ceiling has started getting covered also. i've ran thru about 70 gallons of beer so far, and still going strong!

Just finished the thread, hope to see some more pics soon. Really dig the setup. Planning to one day to have something similar.

Just finished the thread, hope to see some more pics soon. Really dig the setup. Planning to one day to have something similar.

thank you. and anybody with a hitchikers guide to the galaxy quote in their signature is ok with me. let me know if you need any help along the way.

OMFG! I now have a new hero!

I just spent an hour going through this thread instead of working. What you and yours have put together is fantastic. Love all the re-purposed items!

I admire a man who has a vision and has the integrity to see it through to the end.

Looking forward to the final photos.

thank you. and anybody with a hitchikers guide to the galaxy quote in their signature is ok with me. let me know if you need any help along the way.

Thanks. I'm just lurking and taking things slow and trying to get everything together to go AG. One of my favorite writers is Douglas Adams. I just saw in your profile that you have read them all too. I don't know where I would be today without The Guide.

Killer bar dude! I love the bathroom! it all came together pretty damn nicely. I absolutely thing the chainsaw logo on the floor took it over the top! And the stripper bar rocks!!!

Stumbled across this old thread while searching for tap handle info.
Man, very cool setup.
Noticed you also live in Indy and just had to say kudos to the cool bar build.
Just ordered a 3 tap kegerator setup, so I am on my way.

dude, that set is awesome, being an indiana native (10 years removed) i always love to see people back home doing what we do best, being creative and having fun

took a short video of walking thru the bar area last night, thought it would be nice for those of you that have read the thread, followed the progress, to get a look at how it is now on video

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. Seriously. You are my effing hero. Found this post through "the other to be un-named" thread. You got it made. Well played, sir. Well played.

Great job man! Seriously, a job well done! ...I love the Horror Movie tribute and definitely have to give ya props on the Sleepaway Camp box set...noticed that in the dvd collection right away! ...easily one of my favorite "B" slasher flicks!

Back