Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this a nub question, but I see Briess DME on the catalog, but I am unable to add it to my order. It just doesn't show up when I click add. That is true even when I just type in "Briess" and go through all the options. I would love to order some DME for starters.

Can I do this?

Thanks.

I'd be interested in a split of this too. Bill do you know if we have access to the Briess extract?

Jason

i made an inventory of my grain and found extra ziplock bag with c40 so i have to drop that from my order. Im tempted to get more base malt but i will probably brew less for a while (after my 2nd child is born) so 5 sacks should be enough till fall and around that time Bill will be running group buy no 15 :)

Anyone know a good deal for corney's? Looking to pickup 2 more ball locks.

They are getting harder and harder to find. And when you do find them they are getting expensive. I think eventually we will all be buying sixtels (1/6 bbl) in the future.

Is there going to be a way that I know if the rest of my split was picked up? This way I could have the option of picking up the other half myself.

Bill, my order is showing correctly on the dashboard but the spreadsheet is showing something completely different. Placed the order yesterday. Is this a problem or will it all straighten itself out? Thanks.

Bill, my order is showing correctly on the dashboard but the spreadsheet is showing something completely different. Placed the order yesterday. Is this a problem or will it all straighten itself out? Thanks.

I haven't updated the spreadsheet since early in the afternoon yesterday.

I see people added saaz, Its not available according to the list. Is there something I don't know?

First time Group Buy noob here -

Do we have to add anything under "user order list" or is this auto populated based on what we add to our list in the system?

If the hop splits I participated in are still open when everything closes is there a way to just buy the remaining hops so the split doesn't get closed out for everyone?

My apologies if this has been covered in the thread - I honestly don't have time to look through 45 pages!

Thank you for your efforts in coordinating all of these items. I wish I knew about this a couple weeks back before I bought a couple sacks retail!

Kory

On the topic of cornies, anyone want to trade a good condition ball lock for a good condition pin lock (ie not dented, holds pressure, rubber in good condition for its age)? My keggerator is set up to use both types, but aside from the 3 gallon keg, I never actually get around to using the pin lock.

I see a lot of CAN 2Row being orderd. Is that still a safe bet with the out of stock/subsituion risk?

I am trying to open up or buy a split of dark belgian candy syrup. Anybody have any idea how I can do this. Is this one of the items that is not in stock?

I have splits on my group buy page but I just cant seem to get these two to load on my group buy page. I have tried another browser also, but still no luck

I am trying to open up or buy a split of wheat malt and dark belgian candy syrup. Anybody have any idea how I can do this.

I have splits on my group buy page but I just cant seem to get these two to load on my group buy page. I have tried another browser also, but still no luck

Add selection to your order, amount 1..

Then select the Diag/Arrow icon on the right in your order, set qty to 2, and below that enter 1 (for your selection 1 of 2 parts).

Does this make sense I am trying to be concise and from memory.

Bill,

My items have disappeared from the spreadsheet altogether. Let me know if I need to re-add items to my order.

Add selection to your order, amount 1..

Then select the Diag/Arrow icon on the right in your order, set qty to 2, and below that enter 1 (for your selection 1 of 2 parts).

Does this make sense I am trying to be concise and from memory.

I think I got it......thanks

just updated everything a few moments ago. I had the wrong report in the user sheet before. it should be corrected but check anyway. 419 sacks.

Any good info on acquiring some of those

we are trying to set up a group buy for sixtels. we need a minimum of 75 to make it cost effective. The current price based on this quantity is $91.50 each and that's delivered to my place. These are brand new sixtels imported from China. If you want to add yourself to the spreadsheet let me know and i'll send you the link.

When I'm thinking "red" color in a beer melanoidin comes to mind...but leaves alot of maltiness. Upside is that maltiness plays nice with those citrus hops..very nice..in fact.

we are trying to set up a group buy for sixtels. we need a minimum of 75 to make it cost effective. The current price based on this quantity is $91.50 each and that's delivered to my place. These are brand new sixtels imported from China. If you want to add yourself to the spreadsheet let me know and i'll send you the link.

What advantages do expect over a corny. Wouldn't they be harder to clean...or at least see if there clean?

What advantages do expect over a corny. Wouldn't they be harder to clean...or at least see if there clean?

They are less likely to leak since there is only one seal area as opposed to a corny that has 5.

I picked up 2 ball locks this last weekend for $45 each in Milwaukee because I was already heading up there. Someone down in Mattoon has 8 one handled for $35 a piece. That's just too far for me.

I love my 1 handle kegs. I look down on their 2 handled brothers.

55 sounds a bit much. there are a few sites that sell them for 55 usd shipped. Cant remember the site/sites but there out there.

Just bought 2 ball locks far south for 35. they work fine. I would just hang out on craigslist and wait for them to come up, or go to a reputible site and have them shipped.

just my 2cents

participants: 107
grain sacks: 425

I'll update again tomorrow.

This buy closes in about 48 hours.

Cattle Rattle has begun......I hear a two and I get a three,three, three can I get a three

Any thoughts on how splits are gonna go, there are a few folks that looks like all they bought are splits...lots of splits.. time to step and volunteer to bag shuck.
I'll volunteer again, and I'll bring my trailer and get a sheidtload out of the way first day, if timing works. I can bring my vac sealer also for the hops, are there bags or rolls remaining, I came across a place with sealable mylar bags and oxysorbs for a reasonable price...

Oh yeah shameless plug...Magnum hop is a great bittering hop there a few pounds left...its a great oops I forgot to order some hops I need to bitter this up and save my flavor/aromas for late addtions.

I'm in, this buy is bigger and more of both grain and hop splits... a few other volunteers to pull bulk would help big time.. well have to run two split setups/teams, with less space to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back