What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack thanks to Dave1096. This brew is amazing

image-655074759.jpg

Swarley88 said:
Not a problem. Tomorrow starts the long search for marooned on hog island for ya.

I appreciate it. Honestly, don't put yourself out or anything looking for it. I probably should've asked about it sooner. But if you can find some, that would be awesome.

seigex said:
Still not buying it. During my Army days, when I was in the field we had some pretty horrid coffee... still wouldn't add anything to it :p

Well, obviously not everyone is as manly as you, sir. We all bow to your superior manhood. ;)

I find I have to atleast add a bit of cream and sugar to cheap/bad coffee.

MrNickVT said:
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack thanks to Dave1096. This brew is amazing

That's such a good beer! I can't wait till later this year when they will be distributed here.

Blackberry Berliner Weisse

image-423055660.jpg

Cereal mash on the stove, milling malt, and filtering watering for third batch of sour red ale with wlp665. Two batches to bottle today, too.

Cerveza Homero Dark ahh its ok nothing new its the same old Dark Lager beer with 7.0% alcohol

kind of bitter at first then you can taste roasted barley and chocolate coffe like flavor

That looks and sounds good! How did it turn out?

It's good. I blended SAF-05 and multiple brett primary batches onto 2 lbs per gallon of wild blackberries. The blackberries do better with a more substantial beer, they have overwhelmed a pretty delicate base beer. I did a strawberry-rhubarb batch that is great. The more delicate strawberry and rhubarb pair with the base beer better. Waiting on the maltsters to make some wheat and the Carolina peaches to start coming in so I can make some peach.

TNGabe said:
It's good. I blended SAF-05 and multiple brett primary batches onto 2 lbs per gallon of wild blackberries. The blackberries do better with a more substantial beer, they have overwhelmed a pretty delicate base beer. I did a strawberry-rhubarb batch that is great. The more delicate strawberry and rhubarb pair with the base beer better. Waiting on the maltsters to make some wheat and the Carolina peaches to start coming in so I can make some peach.

All of those sound good. I need to start doing some small batch sours to blend with different fruits. I currently have a 5 gallon batch of sour I pitched JP Oro de Calabaza and Timmermans Oude Geueze dregs in. I haven't taken a sample in a while, but my plan is to fruit it. Don't know what fruit yet. I also have a Belgian Golden with Brett that I'm considering either dry hopping, oaking, or adding fruit.

jaydog2314 said:
just picked up a bottle of Dreadnaught, and 6ers of Lagunitas IPA and Founders All Day IPA

I love Dreadnaught! That's the beer responsible for turning me to drinking extremely hoppy beers.

free2scour said:
That was quite amazing if you ask me. I hit submit and I see a pic of Hop Notch. What are the odds? The only difference is I am enjoying mine out of a bottle. Oh yeah, I'm watching The Masters too, heheheheh.

Cheers!!

Is this a regular for u? What are your thoughts?

Stupid crap beer last night. Why why did I drink that??? Need more water. Apparently my friend almost talked me into opening my Jolly Pumpkin La Roja but swmbo said "If you drink that JP when your drunk I will kick both your asses. Now finish your pee water" lol

That's a good woman you've got yourself.

Well, obviously not everyone is as manly as you, sir. We all bow to your superior manhood. ;)

I find I have to atleast add a bit of cream and sugar to cheap/bad coffee.

You don't have to bow, no need to make a scene. Just appreciate my glow while you're under it :)

Back