Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't used any grain from the previous buy....lol.

Ill probably stock up on h ops though

Never done a group buy before. Hopefully I can make a trip down from Madison work.

for those of you coming from far off places, ask on this thread if there are others coming from your geographical location who could possibly pick up for you. I know there is at least one other person who lives in Madison, WI. Home brewers are a helpful bunch. Just pay them in home brew.

Bill, is this the last grain buy for a while because prices are going up for us as mentioned in other threads, or because of something else?

bmason1623 said:
have you tried logging in again? i'm pretty sure i approved you already.

How about me? I've been trying all day with no success. Is it maybe i'm using an ipad? Settings?

Any one making the trip from WI (Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha?) I'm going to order 2-3 sacs if you could bring it across state line :)

Bill,

Thanks for organizing again!

I logged in fine, and attempted to add 2 sacks of Canadian 2-row, but it didn't show up on the "user order list" tab on the group buy spreadsheet.

Is there anything else I need to do? Or do you add my order to the spreadsheet?

Thanks@!

Bill,

Thanks for organizing again!

I logged in fine, and attempted to add 2 sacks of Canadian 2-row, but it didn't show up on the "user order list" tab on the group buy spreadsheet.

Is there anything else I need to do? Or do you add my order to the spreadsheet?

Thanks@!

the spreadsheet gets updated manually by yours truly, i'll do it later on.

As I recall, there were 297 sacks bought in #7... of course, it's early yet, and that buy didn't really end all that long ago. Personally, I'm willing to bet that Neopol adds another 10-15 bags before all's said and done... ;)

I called friends, family and told them if they want to use my grain stock/brew stand, they better do it now, because the next 10 sacks may have to last me; and I can't be all stupid showing up to party's with 3 or 4, corny kegs. After this next buy, I have to be stupid with only one corny keg. All I'm say'in is, my current stock can be replaced with the next group buy, but after that I'm counting each grain. Brew now and brew hard!!!

Any of you kids who are buying a 50lb bucket of PBW wanna cut me in on any amount?

Call me stupid, but how exactly do I place an order? I don't see anything as editable in the spreadsheet, or any forms on the website.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to this!

I called friends, family and told them if they want to use my grain stock/brew stand, they better do it now, because the next 10 sacks may have to last me; and I can't be all stupid showing up to party's with 3 or 4, corny kegs. After this next buy, I have to be stupid with only one corny keg. All I'm say'in is, my current stock can be replaced with the next group buy, but after that I'm counting each grain. Brew now and brew hard!!!
http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/mikescooling/media/2013-03-19_18-16-57_705_zpsd038956e.jpg.html
Any of you kids who are buying a 50lb bucket of PBW wanna cut me in on any amount?

Mike, you've caught the brewing bug judging by that picture. Nice toys.

Make note by doing this your committing to paying when the time comes.

Excellent point. If you cannot afford to pay for whatever reason then please do not add items. Having people drop out during the payment period is disruptive because it messes up the shipping cost for everyone else. Thanks.

Killing me, smalls. I'll have another $500-600 order this time and hope it gets me through until my CMG account is setup. Peeps need to get some more hop splits going, I'll pick up 2-3 lbs of whatever.

Added a few hop splits, took 2 of each but will cover up to 5lb if we don't get the split covered.

Brewing a Honey Ale today, Red Ale on Tuesday, a Brown Ale on Friday, and a Coffee Stout on Saturday to fill up the 15G fermenters, then some experimental 5G batches for some seasonals I've been mulling over for a month.

we can always do a separate hops only buy at any given time...and it will be cheaper than we can get from our current source.

I'd go in for an eighth of the Breakbright tabs if it gets to that point.

Yes sir, I think that's 4-5 tentatives..Its added to my order I'll keep and vac seal any overage, the mfr says they keep for a year with no degradation.

I'll edit this with a back-read on the tentatives.

Neopol - 2/8
Wagz - 1/8
Spacemanspiff - 1/8
Artimus - 1/8
PseudoC -1/8
Bill - 1/8
JGrove - 1/8

Yes sir, I think that's 4-5 tentatives..Its added to my order I'll keep and vac seal any overage, the mfr says they keep for a year with no degradation.

Neopol - 2/8
Wagz - 1/8
Spacemanspiff - 1/8
Artimus - 1/8
PseudoC -1/8?

put me down for 0.125...

we can always do a separate hops only buy at any given time...and it will be cheaper than we can get from our current source.

I thought your hop contract buys were exclusive only to the people who already committed to them?

Also good news, I don't speak at a conference again until August, so there's zero chance I'll miss pickup this time! :D

Neopol - 2/8
Wagz - 1/8
Spacemanspiff - 1/8
Artimus - 1/8
PseudoC -1/8?
Bill - 1/8
You too can be here - 1/8

Yes, I will take 1/8th.

Killing me, smalls. I'll have another $500-600 order this time and hope it gets me through until my CMG account is setup. Peeps need to get some more hop splits going, I'll pick up 2-3 lbs of whatever.

So does this mean you will be taking over the group buys. Hmmmmmmmmm

Glynn said:
So does this mean you will be taking over the group buys. Hmmmmmmmmm

I mentioned in the last group buy that I would be willing to place the orders through my brewery when I have my account set up. The downside would be that I am located in Sycamore which is a bit of a drive for downtown Chicago residents. Progressing as quickly as the state/suppliers are allowing.

I mentioned in the last group buy that I would be willing to place the orders through my brewery when I have my account set up. The downside would be that I am located in Sycamore which is a bit of a drive for downtown Chicago residents. Progressing as quickly as the state/suppliers are allowing.

This sounds good to me!

cadwallion said:

Works for me, too. Probably about the same number of miles, but a much easier drive.

cadwallion said:

Sounds great to me too, I'm in St. Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back