• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brew your own subscription

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received notification for digital today. Sent in payment on 4/1. Very fast. Tanks for the offer and good luck.

I just wanted to update everyone. I was in the first round, and got my first print issue a couple days ago. So ~2 months. I wanted to note though, that when you get the welcome email saying your digital subscription is ready (and your first print issue will be delivered in 6-8weeks), it isn't. Your digital subscription starts with your first print issue it seems, regardless of what the welcome email they send you says (you also can't view back issues from before your subscription). You will get another email saying when your first digital issue is ready. This may also just have been a screwy timing issue with me, since they only publish 8 issues a year. I just found this a little frustrating, and thought I was doing something wrong, so I wanted to let everyone else know what to expect. Great magazine so far!

reverendj1 said:
I just wanted to update everyone. I was in the first round, and got my first print issue a couple days ago. So ~2 months. I wanted to note though, that when you get the welcome email saying your digital subscription is ready (and your first print issue will be delivered in 6-8weeks), it isn't. Your digital subscription starts with your first print issue it seems, regardless of what the welcome email they send you says (you also can't view back issues from before your subscription). You will get another email saying when your first digital issue is ready. This may also just have been a screwy timing issue with me, since they only publish 8 issues a year. I just found this a little frustrating, and thought I was doing something wrong, so I wanted to let everyone else know what to expect. Great magazine so far!

Yes, BYO did say if you are a new subscriber your digital sub will not start till the latest print is issued. Sucks, but it will be a great mag for all homebrewers.
Enjoy

My experience has been very different. I'm a new subscriber but was given access to my digital account (including 8 back issues) several weeks ago, starting with the May-June issue of last year, and just a few days ago getting my first "new" one, the May-June issue of this year.

My experience has been very different. I'm a new subscriber but was given access to my digital account (including 8 back issues) several weeks ago, starting with the May-June issue of last year, and just a few days ago getting my first "new" one, the May-June issue of this year.

Were you able to actually read the back issues? When I would click on them, it would ask me to log in, then after I logged in (with my correct username/password) it would just ask me to log in. I just checked and I still can't download back issues. Maybe there is something screwy going on, and my case is not typical. I couldn't download anything until I got the second email saying I had a new digital issue. A lot of those back issues looked really good too!

Side note, I think they give their oldest issue (i.e. 1 year old) away for free for anyone with the app.

Got email from them giving me digital access today (group 7). This may have been expedited as I'd gotten the free issue a year or so ago perhaps but just sharing.

Curious about picking up another year, would it just tack it on?

Accidic said:
Got email from them giving me digital access today (group 7). This may have been expedited as I'd gotten the free issue a year or so ago perhaps but just sharing.

Curious about picking up another year, would it just tack it on?

Sounds like they would let you buy for someone else, but not double dip with the Fundraiser :-(
Sorry. That would b sweet

Got my first hard copy (in Canada) today. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back