Mosaic/cashmere blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of hop schedule did you use? I recently brewed the centennial blonde and most of my friends love it because they are all BMC drinkers. I was thinking that it is just dying for a little more hops.

60 minute boil
.25 oz mosaic @30
.5 oz mosaic @10
.5 oz cashmere @10
.25 oz mosaic @1
.5 oz cashmere @1
1.0 oz cashmere hop stand at 160f for 15

The .25 of Mosaic at 1 was because I did not want it too bitter and did not want to throw it away. I too am trying it on bmc drinkers

Last edited:
60 minute boil
.25 oz mosaic @30
.5 oz mosaic @10
.5 oz cashmere @10
.25 oz mosaic @1
.5 oz cashmere @1
1.0 oz cashmere hop stand at 160f for 15

The .25 of Mosaic at 1 was because I did not want it too bitter and did not want to throw it away. I too am trying it on bmc drinkers

Thanks! This sounds like a good opportunity to get to know Cashmere. I did a Mosaic/Maris Otter SMaSH recently and really enjoyed it so I know I enjoy Mosaic.

Just got done bottling. Will be hard waiting for two weeks to see what carbonation will do. Finished @ 1.006 Had a little left in the bottling bucket so with the priming sugar mixed in it tasted like peach mango juice you get in the store with a smooth bitter, no sharp bite. Hopefully the carbonation adds a touch of bite.
IMG_20191031_150223778_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I did a cashmere pale ale a few batches back and loved the flavor of that hop. Citrusy but was definitely getting a lemon/lime thing. Mine was way underbittered and had kind of a flat taste because of that but I'll fix that next time. Definitely coming back to that recipe soon.

Back