More CFC Build Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
1. I started putting it together. The 3/8" pipe does not leave much room for waterflow in the 1/2" "T". How much water flow does one of these need?

2. I have put another "T" at the cold end to attach a 1/2" female threaded fitting. I am going to put a thermometer there to monitor output temperature. Is there any reason that I should not put threaded fittings at the wort input and output to accept barbed fittings?

1. I started putting it together. The 3/8" pipe does not leave much room for waterflow in the 1/2" "T". How much water flow does one of these need?

2. I have put another "T" at the cold end to attach a 1/2" female threaded fitting. I am going to put a thermometer there to monitor output temperature. Is there any reason that I should not put threaded fittings at the wort input and output to accept barbed fittings?

1. It's very dependent on the temps of the water. During the winter in my area, I have a very small amount of water flowing through mine to get it to pitching temps. In the summer, I go full bore.

2. No, you should definitely do that. But use camlocks instead of barbed fittings. Be like the cool kids and get camlocks for your tubing.

Back