Regulator/Distributor Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stjackson

Reaction score
So, I'm slowly putting together a list of thing I'll need to put together my keezer. It will take a while, but a man can dream, right?

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money to get a a simple distributor for my kegs or a secondary CO2 regulator that would allow me to set each keg to a different pressure. I'm assuming that this is the way you set it up so you can have each keg carbonated to a different level, but I'm not sure if it's worth the $70 or so extra that it costs over a simple distributor.

What say the HBT masses?

Depends on your preference. I don't carb to exact levels, that probably drives some people bat-spit insane...but I just need some carbonation, not EXACT carbonation. Do you enter contests or routinely notice beer that is "out of style" for carb levels? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Get a distributor with check valves, shut off the ones you aren't carbing if you want to burst carb a keg, etc.

Worth it. How many kegs/taps do you plan to have?

I'm going to have 3 standard faucets and one stout faucet hooked up to nitro. With only 1 nitro keg, it won't need a distributor, so I'd have 3 running off of the secondary regulator/distributor.

If you think you'll ever want to serve soda, the second regulator is a must. I keep a keg of root beer.

Also, the second regulator is nice if you want to try to quickly charge a keg by turning up to 30psi for a day.

I way worth it.

I'm going to have 3 standard faucets and one stout faucet hooked up to nitro. With only 1 nitro keg, it won't need a distributor, so I'd have 3 running off of the secondary regulator/distributor.

In that case, I'd spend a few more bucks and get a two-body primary regulator with 2-way splitter or distributor coming off one body and a single line coming off the other. Give's you plenty of options.

Back