monster energy recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchbox7985

Reaction score
so i love traditional green monster energy drinks. when i was in my teens i would buy 24 packs from costco, and keep the mini fridge in my room stocked with them.

but now in my 30s i cant drink caffeine like i used to. in fact i cant seem to have it at all. even decaf teas will keep me up that night, and if i drink something like mountain dew, or a black tea, it cant sleep for 2 days. it sucks. (decaf stuff is different from caffeine free. decaf is something that had caffeine naturally like a coffee of tea, and they brewed it then rinsed and redried it. it takes about 99% of the caffeine out of it, and i still cant drink it.)

i found this lovely thing that monster had called monster unleaded. caffeine free monster.... and its discontinued. i managed to find 2 of them on the way home today, gonna save them for tomorrow. i hope its as good as regular monster

anyway on to my question. has anyone made a successful clone of monster? i cant seem to find any good info online about exactly what flavor it is. most people say sour apple. some people say banana, cotton candy, pineapple. rather most forums are just full of people saying that its disgusting.

ive barely started my homebrewing journey. i made a rootbeer from a kit, then one from scratch. then i made a pineapple clove soda that was... interesting (it needs work) im usually all about natural ingredients, steeping stuff, etc. and yeast carbonation (old school sodas) but for my monster clone im open to anything. i just dont know enough to know what does what. i kinda want to start with an apple flavor and add something that makes it tart.

would you go syrup or extract with apples, and what adds tartness? or of course if anyone has any recipes im open to that too.

thanks

TL ; DR, help me make monster energy drink at home without caffeine in it because my body sucks.

There's a purple drink called drank that's like the opposite of an energy drink

Latest posts

Back