I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting very sleepy now, maybe I won't wake up until August. That is how sleepy I am becoming. Talking to family late at night tires me out. I'll probably stay with my cousin when I get there, in August.

Auntie Bobbi would be the aunt you love and is a bit nuts but love and trust.

Yes, my nieces and nephews love me. Their crazy Aunt BobbiLynn. We have fun together. I let them paint on walls even when this is forbidden.

Should I walk across the yard in my underwear for another beer(Garage) or should I just go to bed?

Of course you should walk across the yard in your underwear, and don't forget the hat, that's your disguise. Oh, and protection from moon burn, as Dan mentioned.

Is it a good or bad sign when you think, "I should go enjoy some of my favorite fantasy tale."... and then realize the only place said tale exists is in your head?

I am back awake because I remembered something as I was beginning to doze off.

I love tales in my head. Makes walking nearly nude across the yard so much more interesting.

Man....Girl! I am but an ant walking among more ants. In the end we build a big place and would give our life in that no disgrace. You, I have considered are the queen bee; as far as I know here on HBT

Passed out from food coma, had some really weird dreams. I was shaving my keezer and got chased by my sister's bear only to find myself running around the back yard naked trying to find a beer. Then I woke up and realized I must have been reading in my sleep :pipe:

Funny thing about cutting wood. Some people love it and most people hate it. I can understand the haters and why they hate it because it is brutal hard work. I still love it and cut most years 50 cord or so. Last few years though I have cut 150+ cord a year since I got permission to clear some land that is real close to home.

Mind you I am not a lumberjack or not even close. I watch the logging shows and will say I would get fired simply because I take to many beer breaks. And it takes a lot of beer to cut wood the way I do.

I love getting up in the woods. I love sitting on a stump after cutting a tree down and just enjoying nature. I love the sounds of a saw running and the smell of mixed gas burning. I love going to bed hurting but feeling good about accomplishing much in the day. Heck I have gone after firewood and just sat there in the woods not cutting a dang thing just enjoying life a bunch of times.

I am taking it easy today. I went and had my evil way with the trees yesterday and while much fun was had by all other than the trees I need to recoup and get ready for the weekend. Lots of big trees are going to meet their maker this week end and I want to make sure I am up for the task :rockin:

Funny thing about cutting wood. Some people love it and most people hate it. I can understand the haters and why they hate it because it is brutal hard work. I still love it and cut most years 50 cord or so. Last few years though I have cut 150+ cord a year since I got permission to clear some land that is real close to home.

Mind you I am not a lumberjack or not even close. I watch the logging shows and will say I would get fired simply because I take to many beer breaks. And it takes a lot of beer to cut wood the way I do.

I love getting up in the woods. I love sitting on a stump after cutting a tree down and just enjoying nature. I love the sounds of a saw running and the smell of mixed gas burning. I love going to bed hurting but feeling good about accomplishing much in the day. Heck I have gone after firewood and just sat there in the woods not cutting a dang thing just enjoying life a bunch of times.

I am taking it easy today. I went and had my evil way with the trees yesterday and while much fun was had by all other than the trees I need to recoup and get ready for the weekend. Lots of big trees are going to meet their maker this week end and I want to make sure I am up for the task :rockin:

When my wife and I bought our first house I got an ax to work on small trees and roots. Man, that was very hard work. No way anyone loves that.

I still use a sledge hammer and wedge to split wood behind my hose. That's not so hard if the wood is seasoned. I've gone through a couple of chainsaws since we bought our second house... haven't lifted the ax since I don't think.

I broke down and use a log splitter. I got a 30 ton ram with a dual stage hydraulic pump that has not seen a log that it cannot split no matter how many knots or big it is. Using a splitting maul I can split a log faster than with a log splitter but I cannot do that all day long like I can with a splitter.

Over the last couple of years saws have really improved. Biggest improvement I think has been the self adjusting carb for altitude. When I go in the woods I carry the normal set of tools and then a carb adjusting screwdriver or tool depending on the carb to tune the saw up for altitude. Kind of drags my pants down with all the extra crap I carry.

While I do use some high end Stihl chainsaws a couple of years ago I bought a poulan pro 50cc 20 inch saw. While the carb is not the easiest to work on and I have had to replace the clutch I am really impressed with that saw. For a home owner that is not willing to dump 700 bucks on a saw I would recommend the poulan at 200 bucks. It cuts almost as fast a stihl and is lighter. Uses the same chain D-70 as a stihl so you get plenty of run time before sharpening. The bar has lasted me 3 years so far but I am thinking I will buy a new one this summer. Heck thinking about buying another saw just because I like them that much.

Using a splitting maul

Oh okay, that is what it is called, I shall remember from now on. I do know how to swing one, better than most people, gotta throw your whole body into it, don't just use your arms and momentum is your friend. Do you have a pet ox v-man? And is he blue? I keep calling it an axe and hubby corrects me every time, says it's a "mall", I don't like shopping so I just keep calling it an axe. Next time though, I will call it by it's proper name, a splitting maul, I see now.

LOL nope no blue ox for me but I had a dog once that rolled in the water I dumped from my trailer once. I had used the blue chemical to keep smells down and the dog ended up blue from that. Well brown and blue:drunk:

LOL nope no blue ox for me but I had a dog once that rolled in the water I dumped from my trailer once. I had used the blue chemical to keep smells down and the dog ended up blue from that. Well brown and blue:drunk:

Oh, yes, the blue chemical you use in camper trailers, I remember that stuff. Didn't realize it could stain a dog though. Interesting...

Alright, plans are set for my trip to Pennsylvania in August. Found a deal where it was $10 less to book for 2 people than one person!!! Since the flight leaves out of Gainesville, and also where my son goes to college, I am going to drag him with me. He has plenty of time to work things out with his job and all, to get time off. My aunt Marsha will pick us up from the airport and we can stay in her son's camper trailer. Aunt Marsha says just get to the airport and don't worry about anything after that. I didn't find out if my hairy sister is going, but if she is there, I will be nice to her.

2 sides to every family, mother's side and father's side, and oh so different from each other. It's going to be so much fun. Gonna crash mom's family reunion, she is the yankee from PA. :p

BobbiLynn, very happy for you! Family, is family. Cheers on your re-union!

Family what does it mean?
We grow up among our kin
Sometimes grow apart in the end
But there is still a strong bond among us
We can always go home..
in this there should be trust

That's more of my bad verse. BobbiLynn life isn't rehearsed. I hope you have a blast in August!

Thanks Dan, for the encouragement. I really do not like traveling, but do it anyway at times, August seems like a good time. Gonna book the 2 seats even though my son has not given me an answer yet. My best friend Laura says she'll take the other seat if for some reason my son doesn't want to go. That would be fun too.

Why do they love me after all these years?
Maybe they drank too many beers?
Don't realize who I have become,
Well, Pennsylvania, here I come!!

Man, take a night off and it's 20 minutes of scanning just to catch up.
So, it's official...

image-1895847572.jpg

Starting to amass quite a herd over here. We're looking for a mini van, as the family will no longer fit in the Envoy come November. I REALLY want a diesel Mercedes Sprinter.

image-3998372337.jpg

And even found one locally for a good price, but SWMBO says it's too big. :-(

snaps10 said:
So, it's official...

Starting to amass quite a herd over here. We're looking for a mini van, as the family will no longer fit in the Envoy come November. I REALLY want a diesel Mercedes Sprinter.

Congrats! :)

So, it's official...

For all those young'ens? It's not too big! They will continue to grow! Looks great! Sorry about the endless chatter about nothing, some nights we get bored and that is what happens. :(

Dang man if you have to get a minivan go for mercedes. In my lifetime I have owned 3 vehicles that were not pickups. A 69 mustang, a 72 Lemans and a new fancy pants car I cannot remember what it was other than hard to get into and I could not haul much in it.

Nicest pickup I owned is the one right now. Best pickup ever owned was a 49 chev step side. I wish I still had that old beast.

I don't think gas prices are ever going down. I am kind of thinking about a nice car that gets good gas mileage to run into town with. I get 10 MPG right now in town and 8 MPG going down the highway. Dang truck is geared to pull a big trailer and it does that rather nicely but man it sure sucks the fuel down

Congrats Snaps! When and what are you going to brew to have when your 4th is born?

Hubby and I switched to a diesel truck years ago, probably 8-10 years ago, and we make our own diesel. Hubby has a machine that does it and even the local college, FAMU, has come to our farm to listen to hubby's demonstrations and see his work. I think he really is the smartest guy in the world, at least out of the ones I have met in person.

I will always be me,
Nothing can change that.

It's just who I am,
So, please, accept that.

So glad you are back Dan, you are the original rambler around here. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that TXbrew made the drunken rambling/mindless mumbling section just for you. :mug: Thanks, buddy.

My son is going with me on the trip to PA :ban::ban::ban::ban:

and I met my faraway neighbor, Kelvin. I was climbing over the fence since it was locked and he said what are you doing? I said, I'm your neighbor and I just needed to get over this fence. Anyway, he's a really nice guy.

While I do use some high end Stihl chainsaws a couple of years ago I bought a poulan pro 50cc 20 inch saw. While the carb is not the easiest to work on and I have had to replace the clutch I am really impressed with that saw. For a home owner that is not willing to dump 700 bucks on a saw I would recommend the poulan at 200 bucks. It cuts almost as fast a stihl and is lighter. Uses the same chain D-70 as a stihl so you get plenty of run time before sharpening. The bar has lasted me 3 years so far but I am thinking I will buy a new one this summer. Heck thinking about buying another saw just because I like them that much.

Stopped over at the folks house last year. Went in the front door to say hi to mom. We chit chatted for a few minutes, then I asked where dad was. She give me the "look" and says, he is in the garage with some new junk! Oh Oh. I head out to the garage and he is at the work bench with two or three 2x3 boxes. I look in and they are filled with all kinds of chainsaw motors and parts. He is smiling and proclaims loudly, "I got it all for five bucks!" I look at him and say, "Are you nuts? You've got two really nice Poulans over there on the shelf and you've given me and my brother your old rebuilt saws. What do you need with a box of chainsaw parts?" He looks at me, holds up one of the boxes, smiles again and says, "But I got all of it for five bucks!"

Back