How drunk have you gotten off your own supply?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought he lost, but I guess if you think raping a cow is your idea of a good time, party on.

If the question was; "How good of a time have you had off your own supply?", then I would agree with you. He would lose in that category.

If he has gotten drunk enough to rape a cow he's been WAY drunker than I ever have in my life! ;)

Just out of curiosity.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, let me just say (in my best Jed Clampett voice), "Wooooooo doggy".

I've never gotten sick the next day, but I've had some real major tie-ons with homebrew. For the last few years I have been much better at quantity control and rarely even get buzzed. But there are times........................

If the question was; "How good of a time have you had off your own supply?", then I would agree with you. He would lose in that category.

If he has gotten drunk enough to rape a cow he's been WAY drunker than I ever have in my life! ;)

Now now, there may have been some ladies he woke up with who are probably lovely people, perhaps a bit large...

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, let me just say (in my best Jed Clampett voice), "Wooooooo doggy".

I've never gotten sick the next day, but I've had some real major tie-ons with homebrew. For the last few years I have been much better at quantity control and rarely even get buzzed. But there are times........................

Well put. Definitely felt the pull to sleep in the next morning, but that was about it. A couple of quarts of French press expresso and I was back to normal.

Homebrew talk seemed like such a classy place at first...
Glad we cleared that up quickly.
Let the bovine satisfaction continue...

I can't compete with the Bovine escapades. But I can say I have been drunk on my own product, but not often.

So drunk.....many times. Woken up covered in beer I spilled on myself in the midst of passing out. Once I woke up naked, my pjs in the bathroom soaked in piss! That was a good night. I have learned these lessons long ago...moderation that is....

So drunk.....many times. Woken up covered in beer I spilled on myself in the midst of passing out. Once I woke up naked, my pjs in the bathroom soaked in piss! That was a good night. I have learned these lessons long ago...moderation that is....

We have a winner! :ban::mug::rockin::tank::drunk:

Thanks for sharing.

Moderation? Isn't that one of the dudes who police the HBT? Or maybe it's French or something...

It only seems to happen when my friend from Houston who home-brews comes to stay over so we can catch up on what's been brewed.

I finally figured out how we can try them all without the hangover...share them.

Had to postpone christmas by about 12 hours a couple of years ago. My father, brother & I got into an Imperial Brown Ale (OG 1.080) that was under attenuated. Anyone here ever had a dextrin hangover? Holy effin god that was brutal.

The worse my beer turns out, the drunker I tend to get. I drink no more than two or three beers per night if my beer turns out really well so it'll last longer. If the beer is not so good, I want to get rid of it and free up the kegs ASAP for something else. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few weekends lately where I ended up more than a little tipsy...

I did however brew this black IIPA that turned out very tasty and very drinkable. That beer turned a nice Saturday afternoon of sharing some homebrews with my brother into a very sudden, unscheduled and extended afternoon nap.

...listening to Slayer...

I'll raise a few pints to the memory of Jeff tonight...

I came home and broke the screen door because It was stuck, then my key didn't work. Then I realized I was at the wrong house.

I never got drunk off my homebrew. I want to enjoy it. After a certain level of intoxication, I doubt my taste buds work properly any more, so drinking too much of the good stuff would be wasting it. If I wanted to get drunk (which I don't), cheap Vodka would be cheaper.

I never got drunk off my homebrew. I want to enjoy it. After a certain level of intoxication, I doubt my taste buds work properly any more, so drinking too much of the good stuff would be wasting it. If I wanted to get drunk (which I don't), cheap Vodka would be cheaper.

Leave it to hbt to turn a funny thread into a discussion about wasting beer by drinking too much of it haha.

I will agree that I tend to drink my favorite beers slower because I'll miss them when they're gone. The good news is that I know the brewer (me) and can easily replenish the supply.

The worse my beer turns out, the drunker I tend to get. I drink no more than two or three beers per night if my beer turns out really well so it'll last longer. If the beer is not so good, I want to get rid of it and free up the kegs ASAP for something else.

That's pretty much the only time I get drunk on my homebrew.... :D

SWMBO: "Why are you drinking so much tonight?"
ME: "This beer turned out kind of disappointing, so I need to get rid of it to free up the keg."
SWMBO: "Why don't you just dump it?"
ME: "Huh?"

:drunk:

Leave it to hbt to turn a funny thread into a discussion about wasting beer by drinking too much of it haha.

I will agree that I tend to drink my favorite beers slower because I'll miss them when they're gone. The good news is that I know the brewer (me) and can easily replenish the supply.

This! I have a few times but when you have a pipeline going there's always more!

Weekends come along and sometimes downing a few beers is necessary, it wasn't until I downed a few of my Irish Reds (first batch I ever made). The it dawned on me, it was really REALLY good, and apparently had an alcohol level higher than anticipated. Sneak the hell up on me, I was lit up pretty good. I just about cried I was so proud of making that beer.

Latest posts

Back