So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to brew tonight doing my very first brew a Irish red ale it's just a one gallon brew to start wish me luck :mug:

Finally getting to my IIPA that's been on hold for 2 weeks. Trying out my new turkey fryer.
Started mash about 20 mins mins ago. There's no way this is a 7.5g pot! Beersmith estimated 6.9 gallons of total mash volume. It's overflowing!

Have you brewed this before Duck? I love that beer! And if you have a recipe that's even close I'd love to try my hand at it. Do you mind sharing?

I have not brewed this before, although I have done a lot of hands on research becoming very familiar with how they taste! I used this recipe by AZ-IPA: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/red-chair-nwpa-clone-360189. The wort was a beautiful copper color as it went into the fermentor. We shall see.

I brewed up a batch of Hanks Hefeweizen this weekend. Everything went as planned. Also took a little time to "brew" up a batch of Root Beer with my son. :mug:

this next weekend ( 05/11) a bunch of us from our homebrew club ( M*A*S*H) will get together to brew a porter. We hope to get a total of 50 gallon. We have a bourbon barrel that the club maintains, and it's time for a Russian Imperial stout to come out and a new beer to go in.
If I remember correctly the RIS has been in the barrel since July. When we last sampled it in Feb. it was really smooth and delicious:D tasting.

Brewed a Bavarian hefeweisen this weekend with a friend who's never brewed before but has been really interested (and enjoys drinking my homebrew).

Well,my stuff from midwest is scheduled to be here tomorrow,so by next weekend,my PM Berliner Weisse should be in the fermenter. Wanna finally get started on some wheat beer experiments I've put off long enough. And I like the M*A*S*H club name!
My Moari IPA should be ready for dry hopping next Sunday. :ban:

I've got 11 people coming over on Saturday, we are running four batches, two at a time on my stovetop, all partial mash... it's going to be a long day, but they all wanted to learn so who am I to say no? wish me luck.

I've got 11 people coming over on Saturday, we are running four batches, two at a time on my stovetop, all partial mash... it's going to be a long day, but they all wanted to learn so who am I to say no? wish me luck.

I hope your stove is up to the task.

I normally do 2.5 gallon batches.But am thinking of using my 6.5 gallon bucket to ferment a 3 gallon all grain/+ 2 gallon rest of my extract w/hops boiled for 10 min. I use two pots to boil 2.5-3 gallons stovetop. Thinking of just boiling 2 gal more (rightafter the first two boils)with extract/hops and cool than quick and add it when that cools giving me 5 gallons.Its going to be my last beer for spring and it will be a kitchen sink brew probably throwing the rest of my malts in and likely ending up like a black ipa since I have a bunch of dark malts still. I got carb tabs too to use up so I can just bottle right out of primary. Sounds good to me. Gotta write it out first to see how it looks first.It will definatly be black,I know that much.

Gonna try and get another batch of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde in the fermenter this weekend.

Got a keg of it, and with it being so quaffable, I'm scared it's gonna kick when I least expect it :)

No brewing for me this weekend, but I shall be doing some "research" in Colorado for my bachelor party.

In addition to brewing the Sculpin, I will also be brewing an Imperial Stout.

Not brewing but my dad is coming to visit this weekend and it'll be the first time I've had him try my homebrew. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time!

He's not really a brewer himself (he's made a few two can kits but no more), but he's the man who has moulded my beer tastes since I was young.

I set aside a bottle of my Cascade Best and have some Tim Taylors Landlord clone in the keg for him. Hoping it's OK!!

Itching to brew a blonde ale for SWMBO! I should have my grain mill on Saturday, the hops are in the freezer, base grains in the garage. Yeast starter will begin Friday night! Just need a quick trip to the LHBS for some specialty malts. Weather looks good, too :ban:

Brewing up another 11 gallon batch of the Scottish Ale. Everyone seems to really enjoy this brew. Can't seem to keep it around very long. :tank:

Brewed up a barleywine tonight and bottled my porter as a started for it. Porter turned out awesome, and my OG for the barleywine is 1.165, yay!

11 gal batch of my base IPA grain bill with a switch from the usual hop schedule to Bravo FWH, Centennial Aroma, Zythos and Falconers Flight Hop Stand and maybe Mosaic dry hop. And an experimental 3 gal batch of Hard Cider suing Wyeast Abbey Ale yeast.

I'll be brewing a hefe using the new Mangrove Jack's M20 dry hefe yeast this Sunday to see how that yeast stands up to the Weihenstephan yeast.

I'll be brewing my first partial mash this weekend using Deathbrewer's method. Very excited! I'll be doing a citrusy IPA called Sally Citra (I use Arrested Development or Saved by the Bell references for all of my beers).

5 gallon
4 lbs 2 Row
3 lbs pale DME
2 lbs Marris Otter Crisp
1 lb Wheat malt
1.5 oz Cascade 60 min
1.0 oz Citra 15 min
0.5 oz Cascade 10 min
0.5 oz Citra 5 min
1.0 oz Cascade at flameout
1.0 oz Citra dry hop 7 days
US-05

Pilsner SMASH. Last one I made was last summer and not very good - had lots of practice since then and got my process down good, so hoping for greatness.

I'm going to brew the Northern Brewer Brown Ale. I'm excited because it warmed up outside which keeps my basement in the 60's. The yeast will have a fantastic time down there!

Gonna be brewing "nut in your brown eye", a brown ale I tried to brew last weekend but got rained out on two of my days off :(. Might also be re-brewing my "Basement Wheat" because it is rather popular!

I received a replacement wyeast 1028 and will make a second attempt at brewering the nb rebel rye on Sunday, also going to bottle my honey-basil double pale

Back