Crowd pleasers: You're new beer is great, it's almost as good as Budweiser! :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewyh

Reaction score
Don't you find that you can make some really great IPA's, Belgian beers, barley wines, etc... But no matter how good your beer is, there's always going to be people who's (how do I put this politely?)... taste buds aren't as adventurous / worldly and will taste you best beer and say "wow this is great, it's almost as good as a Bud or Cours!". It can be heart wrenching to have you beer rated as not quite as good as a crap beer and the fact that the judge rates said crap beer highly is just throwing salt in the wound. Often they will try to say something to show that they know a bit about beer, like "Yum, you can really taste the yeast!" :smack:

But hey, you know... Sometimes it's not good to be so snobby. Sometimes it's just good to enjoy beer with people instead of enjoying people with your beer... Yet, at the same time, you don't want to waste your best beer on a Cour's fan.

For this, I have my "Crowd-Pleaser Ale". This is my go to recipe for your man on the street. The recipe is well balanced and produces a good quality beer that a brewer with attuned taste buds can enjoy, without any complex flavours that might confuse or upset simpler tastes.

Here's my Crowd-Pleaser Ale recipe. I invite everyone else to share their crowd pleasers :mug:

80% 2-row
20% flaked corn
75 minute mash at 148
90 minute boil
19 IBU Willamette at 60 minutes
OG 1051, FG 1009
WLP009 if it's available, otherwise 001/1056 is fine

The neighbor across the street compared it favorably to Bud Light.

Latest posts

Back