What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find the Pilsner Urquell in cans around here. Would be nice to not have to worry about skunking.

Go to Aldi's & get this;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0001-2_zps7b5032a7.jpg.html] [/URL]
Tastes like urquell or heini's should when not skunked to me. I saved one bottle for the collection,the rest delabeled to re-use. There's a crest on the neck & it says"original German beer" around the shoulder. Labels float off in PBW in 30 minutes. They've been brewing since 1436!

Had this on the plane ride to phoenix. Meh, it's better than nothin.

ForumRunner_20130502_151824.jpg

Sittin at the Voodoo Brewery Taproom waiting on a growler of Breakfast of Champions. Apparently the tap is acting up and it's taking forever, so I'm having an HTP while I wait.

image-2372231032.jpg

Bell's Oarsman Ale...my first Berliner weisse. Pretty good, but not something I'd get regularly.

I have a hard time considering that a Berliner Weisse. It's tasty, but not a good example of the style. If you can get Bahnhoff of 1809 they're both fantastic (and much more sour).

Drinking my Chinook Vienna SMaSH

Qhrumphf said:
I have a hard time considering that a Berliner Weisse. It's tasty, but not a good example of the style. If you can get Bahnhoff of 1809 they're both fantastic (and much more sour).

Thanks, I'll have to look out for those. I saw on BeerAdvocate that it was considered a Berliner Weisse, but when I was drinking it, it didn't seem much like I'd heard the style described. You're right...not very sour.

North Coast sampler! Barrel-aged Old Rasputin XV, Scrimshaw Pils, Acme IPA, Pranqster Belgian Golden, Brother Thelonius Abbey Ale!

image-3676253367.jpg

Almost the weekend and beer expo time!!!

Rosvineer said:
My scotch ale. Not as dark as the pic makes it look

It's 46 in Dallas. That's cold enough for a full bodied beer right? Must be, I'm already warming up

Billy-Klubb said:
when/where is this expo? we're gonna be in Ol' Mankato Town on Saturday if you want to meet up & trade.

Hey friend! Rochester Craft Beer Expo. Sorry dude, we're heading to Roch tomorrow. I'm down to meet up when were back - I can head west for sure!

Doing a side by side with Nugget Nectar and my Critical Mass Imperial Red. Mine's on the right. I've got to say they are remarkably similar in terms of hop character. Mine is a fair bit sweeter so the hop character isn't as bright, but all the flavors and aromas are there. Fuller bodied since it started at 1.099, so it attenuated about 79% but that still left it at 1.020. If I take out the sugar next time I brew it I should be able to get closer. I wasn't strictly trying to clone it, but based on how close it is I may try to refine it into a clone. It's also much hazier than NN because it was fermented with Conan which is notoriously stubborn about dropping out.

20130502_195800.jpg

1.75 year old smoked scottish ale.It aged better than it has been randomly good/not good before from drinking it randomly over time.Using s-33 yeast and warrior hops was a odd combo but the maltiness from Mild,brown,smoke,aromatic,golden promise,flaked barley,special roast,light munich,carapils- made for a nice malt backbone.Good spice/ ripe fruit tone from the s-33. Probably the beer-style I kinda liked most from using that yeast. Prollaly will be brewing it again with some other yeasties.

Back