Jet burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnerp87

Reaction score
Just have a question about my jet burners, I need an orifice for them, what size should i use? Where do I find them? I have ten tip burners if that helps.

What fuel source are you going to run, and what was the jet burners made for (Natural Gas or LP or High Pressure Propane)?

I have the same burner (have yet to get it on a stand, and use it, but it worked in test firing). When I asked the guys at Tejassmokers.com, they said that each jet was its own orifice. What you need is a 1-20psi regulator and several inches of 1/2" or 3/8" pipe leading to it to reduce the pressure. A 3/8" MFL fitting will attach it to your regulator/gas source. Then the regulator can be turned up or down to control the flame, as per usual. Hope this helps
Dan

Jet burners don't require an oriface. The gas/air mixture happens right at each tip so you can thread the burner right onto your black pipe.

So it seems I have already solved my problem, my first regulator must have been a low fixed one or something, only shot out sooty orange flames, the new 0-30 pis should do the trick, thanks for the advice!

Finally figured out the problem, I had CNG nozzles, swapped them for LP nozzles and got a beautiful hot blue flame!

I am not sure, the web site didnt say but they work great! Mada a batch of porter yesterday, only took 20 min from tap temperature to 170 and only 15 to start the boil!:ban:

No, I suppose I should have but I was by myself, running in and out of the house helping my wife who just had surgery so I didn't really have time. Sorry.

Back