Input on gravity newb with no idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmaug2308

Reaction score
This is my 7th batch since January in redid this one it's really good. I chek the worts gravity when I cooled it to 75 degrees and it was 1.116 according to my hydrometer? Seems high but my hydro broke when I made this last here is the recipe
Steep specialty grains 45 mins
Sparge with 2 quarts 170 water
Add my 6.6 dme Pilsen light
Boil
1ounce simcoe at 60
1 ounce cascade 60
.5 ounce centinial at 45
.5 ounce cascade leaves 30
1 ounce Columbus 15
24ounces white table sugar 30mins
1.5lbs honey at 10 mins
Chill wort add yeast and ferment 1week in primary
2 weeks in te secondary
Dry hops are 2ounces Columbus .5 ounce whole cascade leaves .5 ounce centennial .
This is my first post here glad I found this place!
This will also b my last extract brew next will b Ina few weeks of all grain
I just wanted input on this recipe from other homebrew people its a great beer not over powering with the hops like some ipas I've tried I think the honey and the sugar fermenting balance it out idk but everybody who tastes it falls in love thanks for reading if you do.

Yeah, I would say you have an issue with that gravity. Did you take it after you had everything added, topped off with water to 5 gallons, and stirred? Welcome to brewing...go over to the introductions section and say hi.

Yeah have you added water to it in the primary yet? Also what was your targef og? I hope you have one heck of a yeast starter if thats your target og!

Lol ok took it before bring up 2 more gallons I started blindly just following recipes and not checking gravities. I need to research more I know but hey Atleast my beers are turning out awesome

Back