wlp644

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meltroha

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this strain? I plan on brewing a Belgian summer blonde with it, never used brett before. I know I need a separate fermentor for it, but can I use the same auto siphon and bottling bucket? How long should I keep it in the fermentor for? What is the ideal temperature to ferment at? Any other general advice?

oh, I should've mentioned I did exactly this (summer blonde w 644) a year ago. it came out quite well. the 644 seems to work quite well with hops, so if you have any citra or galaxy or the like and want to put an american twist on it, i'd throw em in. hops aside, basically just treat it like you're making a normal belgian blond but pitch at lager rates like i previously mentioned. attenuation rates for brett primary is very close to that of belgian strains. IME 644 is more active than other bretts.

Latest posts

Back