tall boy kettles suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derwin

Reaction score
Hello all.Just got my tall boy 10 gallon kettle.Boy you talk about crappy workmanship.Made in china!!! Has a huge gap or gash in the metal on the inside from where they did not finish welding it.I do not feel like waiting 2 to 3 weeks for another of probably the same quality.Buyers beware.I also would not recommend northern brewer to anyone,if this is how they handle quality control.I will not be doing business with them.This was my first time and last time.:(

:rolleyes:

Why don't you complain to NB before you complain to us? Give them a chance to correct the mistake. They will. Nobody's perfect, give them a break.

Yeah, give them a chance. Chances are they dont inspect every item received and shipped. Thats impossible with the volume of product they move. They buy and resell, thats their business.

Northern Brewer is a great company - call them and I'm sure they wil make it right for you. Always best to try to resolve things with them directly rather than to trash them publicly without giving them a chance!

Yeah, give them a chance. Chances are they dont inspect every item received and shipped. Thats impossible with the volume of product they move. They buy and resell, thats their business.

I certainly wouldn't open and inspect every item if I was a reseller.

Northern Brewer forgot a line item on my last order and sent it out the next day no questions, so I would bet their reputation they will take care of you if you contacted them.

Feel free to post a picture though.

I did call them and complain and i would have to find a ups drop off and wait 2 to 3 weeks.If you spent your hard earned money on a product and got crap how would you feel.Thanks for the support.I bought a kettle at wal-mart of better quality.Kinda hard to fix what should of been done right the first time.It had a Qc quality control sticker on it.so they said they did check it.

Hello all.Just got my tall boy 10 gallon kettle.Boy you talk about crappy workmanship.Made in china!!! Has a huge gap or gash in the metal on the inside from where they did not finish welding it

there is no welding on a NB tall boy.
riveted handles, spun/drawn body.

did you have drilling/welding options?

nope no drilling or welding options,but you can see the line where it was welded and not filled in correctly,thus the hole on the inside. where if it was spun there shouldnt be a visible line right?

I did call them and complain and i would have to find a ups drop off and wait 2 to 3 weeks.If you spent your hard earned money on a product and got crap how would you feel.Thanks for the support.I bought a kettle at wal-mart of better quality.Kinda hard to fix what should of been done right the first time.It had a Qc quality control sticker on it.so they said they did check it.

Based on your commentary here and how I assume your conversation went with them I'm sure they were more than willing to bend over backwards to satisfy you.....

Sometimes you've gotta come off the ceiling and stop screaming if you expect to be treated decently and get good customer service.

$hit happens in shipping and it may have left their facility perfectly fine, so qc may be a moot point if it got busted up on the road. Take the golden spoon out of your arse and act the way you'd expect someone to act towards you and deal with the fact that once it gets shipped back to them they have to take a look at it, deal with their shippers (or deem that it was their qc issue) and then get one sent back out to you. That's not going to happen in 2 days since overnight shipping is many times the price of that kettle.

NB has a lot more satisfied customers than not for many reasons.

So you spent your hard earned money on a kettle that came damaged and you don't want to send it back for a refund, even if it is at a lack of convenience? Waste of money imo.

Not trying to pile on the OP, but do we know what company put the QC sticker on? If the kettle was in a box (they almost always are) I really doubt that NB opened it and inspected it. We all know the tolerances that these Chinese factories have and it's a risk we take buying cheap goods online. Sounds like NB handled it as one would expect with offering to replace it. They're not going to ship a 2nd one until they receive theirs back. It does suck to have to go through all that with shipping it back, but I really doubt it's NB's fault.

This. Also, this thread is beyond worthless without a picture. I vote for locking.

Yeha sorry to the OP but we should see it to get an idea of how bad it is. Im all about getting what u pay for and being pissed when something is wrong but I really think his frustration and disappointment is being focused in the wrong idrection.

Latest posts

Back