Long Island Water Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwood1377

Reaction score
So I decided to look at my water report for my area and it generally seems to be ok (I think) but I wanted to get more experienced opinions on it. It tastes ok when I drink it just not sure if there's anything I might need to do to improve it. Thanks for your help.

View attachment Distribution Area 1.pdf

I would guess that it is very similar to mine (area 18). The water report shows very big differences between max and min, but I just use the average. I've been using it for A.G. brewing since 1994 without any problems. I do need extra Calcium for everything, and extra Sulfates for most of my beers (pale ales), which I do with Gypsum and a small amount of CaCl2, and I use a small amount of lactic acid to reduce the pH of my sparge water, but that's all.

-a.

Area 14 in Suffolk county. Local brewery says water company starts to use chlorine when temps go up so you do probably want to filter at least in summer.

Back