What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still unable to convince myself to watch the second. Too much time passed between them and, well... I really do not want to be disappointed after the first one is so awesome.

Do yourself a favor and just rent the first one again. I hated the second one. If you need another fix get Snatch or Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Boondock 2 was a travesty IMO

still unable to convince myself to watch the second. Too much time passed between them and, well... I really do not want to be disappointed after the first one is so awesome.

Yeah, I have had the Blu-Ray of the second one for about a year and a half and still haven't watched it. Maybe this weekend with a couple bombers of the Irish Red! :mug:

Do yourself a favor and just rent the first one again. I hated the second one. If you need another fix get Snatch or Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Boondock 2 was a travesty IMO

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was nearly as good as the original Boondock Saints, in my opinion. I have also never seen the second Boondock movie and have no plans to do so.

My Basset Hounds name is Stanley, but he also answered to Hehaw! He's a good friend and is always willing to pal out during a brew day, so hence, Hehawbrew!!!

image-4059059583.jpg

Yeah, I already own Boondock 1, and both Snatch and Lock Stock. Good films all. Now we really should get back to the names since I got us so OT.

Mine's taken from a song lyric I really like... Think it's in my signature? Song lyrics: if you can't think of something yourself, you'll still sound creative using them. ;)

brokebucket = reflection of my usefulness. Not actually, but it is the interwebs, and anything else but living a lie is boring.

Its usually brokenbucket, but this is the first forum in ages that i was unable to procure that name. I also use "grebe" alot as it is short and sweet and usually available. Taken here, as well. Brokebucket it is then.

I am a deacon in my church. Which means I have to be "above board" on many things. I have been wanting to start brewing for several years but held off because it was still illegal here in MS.

My mom bought me a kit for my birthday and I couldn't hurt her feelings. So I started brewing.

So I am a "bad deacon" for breaking the law on a regular basis.

I am a deacon in my church. Which means I have to be "above board" on many things. I have been wanting to start brewing for several years but held off because it was still illegal here in MS.

My mom bought me a kit for my birthday and I couldn't hurt her feelings. So I started brewing.

I won't hold it against you for a second. lol

And if asked,... "I know nothing, saw nothing, and heard nothing."

pb

Thanks "bob"! What's kinda funny is random folks are asking for my beer now. Folks 2 or 3 connections away. It's amazing how word gets around!

Thanks "bob"! What's kinda funny is random folks are asking for my beer now. Folks 2 or 3 connections away. It's amazing how word gets around!

I can relate. The guys at work all hate when me and another brewer talk about brewing. One guy rolls his eyes every time, it's boring banter to him.
But they all ask when I'm brewing next, and keep real close track of the beer's progress. And they make sure to ask for a bottle or 2 in advance. :(

But I like the reviews.:D

pb

Precisely why I've turned down being a deacon 2 years in a row now!!!

We should meet up some time, Deacon. You ever go to K&B?

Strength & Power
S P being my initials
Strength and Power is a name I came up with for the gym equipment I fabricate and build as a hobby

My name is Mike Ford. The screen name came from computer logins created back in college that were "5+2" format, well 4+2 for me. Four from my last name two from my first. It stuck.

And before you ask, I drive Mopars.

I played rugby all through college and still dabble in it from time to time. A rugger is a term for a rugby player, and I love to brew!!!

Move to Alabama, it's legal there as of a week ago. Proud of my home state for finally coming around.

Nothing terribly fancy. "Gorilla" because I'm a big, hairy primate. "Southern" because I'm a citizen of the Confederacy.

427 Shelby Cobra. Greatest car ever made. My dad owns one and I was lucky enough to convince him to take a road trip with me. 11,000 miles in 27 days!! That trip will never be beat.

I play bass for fun, which produces relatively low frequency sound waves in specific octave grouping patterns. Also know as low notes. It is fairly open ended though which I enjoy too. Could be a low point in a story, could be sad music, could be an understated flavor, could be insulting letters...for me though, it is about showing an appreciation for the subtle undertones that often help to balance and frame the more attention-grabbing components of any successful artistic endeavor.

For beer, the LowNotes might be that 2oz of aromatic malt that helps balance out a beers grain bill, or the extra oz of Galaxy hops in the dry-hop to add just that *hint* of passionfruit scent to the first sip of a big IPA.:mug:

Some interesting personal info in this thread. Good idea.

I didn't like beer until 14 years ago when I was introduced to craft beer and imports. I would not drink BMC. Didn't see the point. My friends started calling me a beer snob. It stuck. "KC" is because I live in the Kansas City area.

Funny thing is, I'm not a beer snob by today's standards. I'm sure many of you have seen this hilarious mini-series of videos: [ame]http://vimeo.com/38527325[/ame]

One of the lines is "Dr. Stein grows funny creatures..."

That song was stuck in my head when I first had to choose an online user name in maybe 1998 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
It means I brew beer in the best city in the country

Boston KY. is just next door to me. Damned nice town, Wouldn't call it a city though. :D

We should have a meet and drink some time!!!

OOH I see it's that town in Mass. I've been there, Great city! Did some drinking there and even harassed a few hookers too! Got an old GI buddy who lives there. ;-)

pb

Back