2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing from Lin, unfortunately. Just hope the guy is okay. I have a replacement owner for the team. He'll check in tomorrow. His name is Sean and he's a friend of mine. Met him through hbt actually. I think his hbt tag is hoputanlas or hopipotamus or something. I'll ask him to check in here.

Glad we have a new owner, but no one has heard anything from Lin Lindsey? Not even an email or a post? Is he a friend of anyone's or an HBT imaginary friend? Hope the guy is ok. Welcome Sean.

WildGingerBrewing said:
Glad we have a new owner, but no one has heard anything from Lin Lindsey? Not even an email or a post? Is he a friend of anyone's or an HBT imaginary friend? Hope the guy is ok. Welcome Sean.

I don't think anyone knew him personally. He was active here for a while. He may have just lost interest in the hobby or fantasy baseball.

In any event, we'd certainly offer him a team back if he expresses interest and we have an ope slot.

So I have an influx of quality infielders thanks to players coming off the DL, etc.

3B:
Freese is hitting, finally.
Aramis Ramirez is off the DL and went 2 for 3 without a rehab assignment. Hit a homer tonight. 05/07
1B:
Ryan Howard may run like a geriatric but he can hit!
SS:
JJ Hardy is crushing balls!

Anyone need help at these positions? I could use some help at 2B or OF. Shoot me an offer.

No interest? Feel free to make offers, they don't even need to be for the positions noted, necessarily.

Almost a week without any posts?!

Othon, sixer of something local and good on this weeks match up?

Dave

I just wanted everyone to know that in the RARE case of anyones team going OVER the allowed pitching starts for the week(12) on saturday, that the starts from sunday(if any) will not count. Initially the score may be counted, however, once the official scoring is calculated and made offical, the points(if any) would be nullified by ESPN's algorithm.

Many of you probably already know this, and I'm sorry to waste space with this lame FYI, however this past week a team owner who was worried about his team taking its first loss emailed Johnny and I wanting to adjust the score so that he wouldn't "lose"...

So rest assured that all is well and that any/all scoring issues will be taken care of. Rant over.

The Astros are putting the wood to all the pitches Scherzer is hanging up in the zone right now....Sorry Dave ;)

I apologize for not informing the group....On Monday, I dropped Adam Dunn. As of today he has started his bid for league MVP....Eff Yu Dunn!

I just wanted everyone to know that in the RARE case of anyones team going OVER the allowed pitching starts for the week(12) on saturday, that the starts from sunday(if any) will not count. Initially the score may be counted, however, once the official scoring is calculated and made offical, the points(if any) would be nullified by ESPN's algorithm.

Many of you probably already know this, and I'm sorry to waste space with this lame FYI, however this past week a team owner who was worried about his team taking its first loss emailed Johnny and I wanting to adjust the score so that he wouldn't "lose"...

So rest assured that all is well and that any/all scoring issues will be taken care of. Rant over.

Othon, thanks for following up on this. I saw the email early on Monday morning as my wife and I were beginning our 350 sq ft patio build. Needless to say, I had no time to follow up.

Rather than sit and appreciate the exhausting work that went into the patio this weekend, we're installing a fence. FML.

In other news, I just enjoyed the last of my spoils, O. The Tallulah Extra Pale Ale from Speakeasy Brewing was amazing. What stood out to me was how perfectly dry it was. It was almost lager-like. I wish my pale ale was that good.

Thanks again, my friend.

The Astros are putting the wood to all the pitches Scherzer is hanging up in the zone right now....Sorry Dave ;)

No kidding. Color me crazy for expecting more than 24.8 points from David Price, Zack Greinke, Max Scherzer, and Cole Hamels combined.

Have my fingers crossed for an offensive explosion in Arlington tonight.

No kidding. Color me crazy for expecting more than 24.8 points from David Price, Zack Greinke, Max Scherzer, and Cole Hamels combined.

Have my fingers crossed for an offensive explosion in Arlington tonight.

I was watching all the games your SP were playing yesterday with the exception of the Price start as I was at Dodger Stadium to watch Greinkes comeback. He pitched well enough to win. I was bummed Price hurt his triceps and had to leave early...

Scherzer luckily didn't get tagged with the Loss. Hamels looked like he had the dreaded "dead arm".

I have 5 more SP this week(you have 2) and am holding on that it'll be enough and I can get lucky and both Darvish and Verlander are on their game and throw a combined 3 hitter ;)

Othon, thanks for following up on this. I saw the email early on Monday morning as my wife and I were beginning our 350 sq ft patio build. Needless to say, I had no time to follow up.

Rather than sit and appreciate the exhausting work that went into the patio this weekend, we're installing a fence. FML.

In other news, I just enjoyed the last of my spoils, O. The Tallulah Extra Pale Ale from Speakeasy Brewing was amazing. What stood out to me was how perfectly dry it was. It was almost lager-like. I wish my pale ale was that good.

Thanks again, my friend.

Johnny,

The Speakeasy Brews are some of my favorite California beers. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I will get working on the trophies from the past few weeks so we can all revel in our awesomeness or wallow in the filth of our failures.

I was watching all the games your SP were playing yesterday with the exception of the Price start as I was at Dodger Stadium to watch Greinkes comeback. He pitched well enough to win. I was bummed Price hurt his triceps and had to leave early...

Scherzer luckily didn't get tagged with the Loss. Hamels looked like he had the dreaded "dead arm".

I have 5 more SP this week(you have 2) and am holding on that it'll be enough and I can get lucky and both Darvish and Verlander are on their game and throw a combined 3 hitter ;)

I know what you mean. For what it's worth, I was hoping - not unrealistically either - that I could pull 100 points from those pitchers last night. You just never know.

Attention all, I have assigned all the trophies for the following 4 weeks as well as one LA and one HK from week 1 and 2 respectively. Keep up the good work and Go KINGS GO!

Oh by the way, I added Pennant or Divisional Champions trophies to 2010-21012 seasons. I also took the Liberty of renaming the HBT FBB Trophy the "Johnny Cask" in honor to the league creator and first(2010) champion Johnny O' Rourke! A trophy is in the works.

user5_46585.png.jpg

He'll be traded mid season for a boatload of prospects and go on to be a HOF pitcher for a winning team. Dodgers I hope!

Nay. he's coming to Flushing to be the Triple Crown of Aces between he, Harvey and Wheeler.

Oh by the way, I added Pennant or Divisional Champions trophies to 2010-21012 seasons. I also took the Liberty of renaming the HBT FBB Trophy the "Johnny Cask" in honor to the league creator and first(2010) champion Johnny O' Rourke! A trophy is in the works.

You're so sweet. Thanks fella.

He'll be traded mid season for a boatload of prospects and go on to be a HOF pitcher for a winning team. Dodgers I hope!

ha I'm actually disappointed that he's hurt. I lilke Price, but it did turn out to be a good move for me. Dempster has put up much better numbers than Price since our trade.

Nice looking trophies!

I have 2 pending trades by the same person for the same player. Please clarify which trade is in affect and I will think about it and let you know.

Nay. he's coming to Flushing to be the Triple Crown of Aces between he, Harvey and Wheeler.

Doubt it. The Mets will have to get off MLB "Welfare" first...damn broke ass Wilpons!

You're so sweet. Thanks fella.

Doubt it. The Mets will have to get off MLB "Welfare" first...damn broke ass Wilpons!

I do what I can, where I can, when I can.

You are currently down by .1 points. You have Derek Holland pitching the Sunday night game. Your week will go with his performance.

I think you have your teams crossed up. Guidry (Bayou Brewers) has Holland going tonight, and he's poised to hand me my second loss.

I'm not happy. In other news, I installed a fence this weekend, and I'm now upright thanks to Advil, heating pad, and bourbon.

I do have my teams mixed up! Sorry about that.

Sounds like a potent mixture, Johnny.

What kind of bourbon are you drinking?

I do have my teams mixed up! Sorry about that.

Sounds like a potent mixture, Johnny.

What kind of bourbon are you drinking?

I had some Woodford Reserve. I'm not one for ultra rare or expensive bottles. I find Woodford perfect for my palate. I do have a bottle of Glenlivet that I will touch on rare occasions (maybe once a year or so).

What a beautiful park. It's a shame the Astros suck so bad. Google says this place holds 40K+ people. I bet there arent 4K here and first pitch is in 5 minutes!

image-2514303953.jpg

Latest posts

Back