Nottingham Yeast is no joke!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
This is the second time i've used Notthingham yeast. I typically use liquid yeast but due to timing the last few batches i've used dry yeast. A recipe i found here recommended Notthingham.

Got home from work and the lid of my brew bucket was nearly blowing off, and bubbles were coming out from between the lid and bucket. the air lock plugged up. Insane, there was plenty of air space in the bucket... at lease for the last 100 batches i've done.haha

so i take the cap off the air lock and then the foam started flowing out like when we were kids and lit those Snake fireworks how they kinda grow. here's a picture.

IMG_20130507_071642_694.jpg

Yeah, Notty is good stuff, But I'm thinking if you had that bucket in a swamp cooler it may not have done that, looks a little warm just sitting out like that ?......

I live in Michigan this was in my basement. usually 65 degrees at the warmest it'll get in the heat of the summer.

Back