March Swap ~ TheJadedDog's Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aroma:
Good malt and hop combination on the nose. I expected a bigger hop influence.
10/12

Appearance:
Great color, nice amber golden with super clarity and nice lacing head.
3/3

Flavor:
Very malty, almost more like an ESB than what I would expect from a PA. No of flavors though.
15/20

Mouthfeel:
Great bosy, and carbonation smothe creaminess on the finish.
4/5

Overall:
Technically beautiful. The flavor, though is not what I expect in a PA. It is still a damn tasty beer, and I'm glad I got to taste it.

40/50

Aroma:
Little to no hops, but great maltiness on the nose.
10/12

Appearance:
Clean, clear amber brown color appropriate to the style, no noticeable Chill haze.
3/3

Flavor:
REally nice maltiness in this beer. I detect an unusual "twang" on the finish which really detracts from the overall goodness.
14/20

Mouthfeel:
Good carbonation and head retention, but it seems a little thin on the finish.
3/5

Overall:
This beer had an unusual aftertast that I find unpleasant. It may just be my palette. I have the same taste in some of my Partial and extract recipes. Did this happen to be an extract batch? If so I would love to know the brand DME or LME used.
37/50

Pale Ale, Great smell Dark Reddish in Color with great Clarity. Taste was awesome with great maltiness and distinct Hop flavor. Overall I liked this beer a lot and wish I had more, It was great.

Aroma:

Overall:
This beer had an unusual aftertast that I find unpleasant. It may just be my palette. I have the same taste in some of my Partial and extract recipes. Did this happen to be an extract batch? If so I would love to know the brand DME or LME used.
37/50

This was not an extract batch but it was one of my first AG attempts. I didn't notice the flavor you mention until your review and now I think I see what you are talking about, I wonder if it might be to do with the water chemistry.

Back