I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better try to get back to sleep here in a minute. But first, about my fallen angel friend, she helped pretty much cure me of my fear of lightning. And also why I don't like people just showing up without calling first. They might catch me doing something very odd.

She comes banging on the door, either had a key or the door was unlocked, I don't remember, this was 12 or 15 years ago and she just came rushing in. The storm was bad and she didn't want to be home by herself. So she rushes in and catches me in my rubber suit. Rubber boots, rubber gloves, rubber coat and hoody, all the rubber pool floaties I had wrapped around my body. No clothes underneath, because cotton or even polyester can easily catch fire if hit by lightning. And she's like, WTF!! I tried to explain that it's possible for lightning to come through a window and into a house. I was prepared. She demanded that I immediately go take off the silly outfit, put some clothes on, then come out to the living room and have a talk with her. The talk must have helped because I no longer dress up in a rubber suit when it's lightning outside. I just stay inside with regular clothes on instead.

I better try to get back to sleep here in a minute. But first, about my fallen angel friend, she helped pretty much cure me of my fear of lightning. And also why I don't like people just showing up without calling first. They might catch me doing something very odd.

She comes banging on the door, either had a key or the door was unlocked, I don't remember, this was 12 or 15 years ago and she just came rushing in. The storm was bad and she didn't want to be home by herself. So she rushes in and catches me in my rubber suit. Rubber boots, rubber coat and hoody, all the rubber pool floaties I had wrapped around my body. No clothes underneath, because cotton or even polyester can easily catch fire if hit by lightning. And she's like, WTF!! I tried to explain that it's possible for lightning to come through a window and into a house. I was prepared. She demanded that I immediately go take off the silly outfit, put some clothes on then come out to the living and have a talk with her. The talk must have helped because I no longer dress up in a rubber suit when it's lightning outside.

We all get wrapped up in our own worries at times. It's good to a have friend to pull us out of that. Truly enjoyed your post. As always.

Funny, I have phobias out the ear and lightning has never been one.

But Im deathly afraid of heights.

Someone thought it would be cool to make staircases out of a clear hard plastic material (like the bulletproof glass in banks). Now, a whole bunch of buildings in Manhattan, including ones I actually have to go to, have them going from the lobby to the second floor. Whomever that person is, I would like to strap to a chair and have baboons throw rotting fruit him/her for 24 straight hours.

Someone thought it would be cool to make staircases out of a clear hard plastic material (like the bulletproof glass in banks). Now, a whole bunch of buildings in Manhattan, including ones I actually have to go to, have them going from the lobby to the second floor. Whomever that person is, I would like to strap to a chair and have baboons throw rotting fruit him/her for 24 straight hours.

I never used to fear heights but as I have got older I can not stand them. I cannot even watch a show on TV where some one is next to a cliff.

Sigh this first camping trip I am going to wire brush all the seams on the roof of my camper and reseal them. Meaning I am going to be drunk as heck and up on the roof :p

I have not flown anywhere for a bunch of years so who knows? I do know I really really do not like being even on a ladder so much. I was just thinking though a few years ago while sledding we dropped off a frozen waterfall and that did not bug me.

Another thing that bugs me but not as bad is being at the base of a cliff. On the way to my favorite camping spot the road is super narrow with the Snake River on one side and a cliff that overhangs the road. I do not spend much time at that spot I tell you :rockin:

My sister in law was married in Mendicino (sp?) CA. To get there you have to go on a cliff that seems to drop about 60 stories on hairpin turns that have sheet metal guardrails. I told my friend driving that if he didnt slow down I was going to poop myself. And if I poop myself in this suit, I am going to murder you.

I dont make threats like that often... but I meant it that time. On both counts.

Cool. I wonder if you can send it to one line that blends with CO2 (for beergas) and one that doesn't (for wine and other still beverages).

The blender is feed CO2 off a reg set to 30 psi for setting seals and purging, the N2 has a dual reg one at 40 psi to blender and one set to 5-7psi for mead/wine/cider/margarita/boatdrinks (I run most of these off a 3gallon keg with a picnic tap) I don't always have room for these as I only have 12 taps, besides I prefer beer.;) Guess I'm not the best husband I could be:cross:

Well, I haven't been able to seduce any of my son's friends yet and looks like my prospects are getting slimmer as time goes on. Now they are all calling me "mom" even the ones who just stop by. I am making mystery meat casserole tonight, my son is very familiar with it but still isn't sure what kind of meat(s) that is. He told his friends "just eat it and don't think about it". Took the bus to the poor people area of town and picked up some meats cheap. Shut up and eat it. Just wait 'til they try my "chicken surprise", they will love it. And, surprise!!! That's not chicken.

Well, I haven't been able to seduce any of my son's friends yet and looks like my prospects are getting slimmer as time goes on. Now they are all calling me "mom" even the ones who just stop by. I am making mystery meat casserole tonight, my son is very familiar with it but still isn't sure what kind of meat(s) that is. He told his friends "just eat it and don't think about it". Took the bus to the poor people area of town and picked up some meats cheap. Shut up and eat it. Just wait 'til they try my "chicken surprise", they will love it. And, surprise!!! That's not chicken.

Don't worry Bobbi, you're bound to run into a motherf***er sooner or later. :D

I'm not afraid of heights myself. I am afraid of falling and injuring myself. I don't like ladders, but I can walk around on a rooftop without a lot of trouble.

I've never been in a plane, no idea how I'd react.

My sister in law was married in Mendicino (sp?) CA. To get there you have to go on a cliff that seems to drop about 60 stories on hairpin turns that have sheet metal guardrails. I told my friend driving that if he didnt slow down I was going to poop myself. And if I poop myself in this suit, I am going to murder you.

I dont make threats like that often... but I meant it that time. On both counts.
I'm sorry, but HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHa :D

Hmm, embed code doesn't like dollar signs. The S in the artist name should be a dollar sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one thing that has always baffled me. Vietnamese. We lost a lot in Vietnam. We lost good people who were doing what their country asked. By force really, draft and all.

I should really read up. I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam war (police action) but quite honestly really don't know exactly why we made it our forefront enemy at the time.

That's not what I would like to address actually but sort of. The next stuff I say will sound biased, racist I suppose. I love Vietnamese food. Ever had it? It can get grouped in with the Asian food but I've found it better than Chicken fried rice, or pork tokatsu, or kimchee, Thai or anything else associated with Asian food.

Vietnamese food is light, the herbs used are bright. Occasionally, I get a pedicure.. you know feet scrubbed and toenail trim. Generally these places I have been to are always run by Vietnamese. Love the smile and song in their voice as much as I love their food.

So that is my ownly exposure to the Vietnamese. If all I knew about them was movies like Apocalypse Now, I''d think them evil

The Vietcong were quite ruthless. As far as I know Vietcong and Vietnam was the same place. The people split. I've never understood South and North Korea either. None of it makes sense.. War in general I don't really get. But, war between people of the same heritage blows my mind. /rant

Hmm, my beer has continued to attenuate. It's down to 1.005. I guess I'll leave it a bit longer. I hope I can bottle it by Sunday night. That makes it 7.3% currently.

There is one thing that has always baffled me. Vietnamese. We lost a lot in Vietnam. We lost good people who were doing what their country asked. By force really, draft and all.

I should really read up. I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam war (police action) but quite honestly really don't know exactly why we made it our forefront enemy at the time.

That's not what I would like to address actually but sort of. The next stuff I say will sound biased, racist I suppose. I love Vietnamese food. Ever had it? It can get grouped in with the Asian food but I've found it better than Chicken fried rice, or pork tokatsu, or kimchee, Thai or anything else associated with Asian food.

Vietnamese food is light, the herbs used are bright. Occasionally, I get a pedicure.. you know feet scrubbed and toenail trim. Generally these places I have been to are always run by Vietnamese. Love the smile and song in their voice as much as I love their food.

So that is my ownly exposure to the Vietnamese. If all I knew about them was movies like Apocalypse Now, I''d think them evil

The Vietcong were quite ruthless. As far as I know Vietcong and Vietnam was the same place. The people split. I've never understood South and North Korea either. None of it makes sense.. War in general I don't really get. But, war between people of the same heritage blows my mind. /rant
Vietnam, Korea, and Taiwan were all about China really.

and following up from my last post. I like the energy and sound. If anybody could translate that'd be cool. They could be telling us to eff off.. but I doubt it very much.

and following up from my last post. I like the energy and sound. If anybody could translate that'd be cool. They could be telling us to eff off.. but I doubt it very much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5aMtwuG93E
Smells like something kinda like America The Beautiful, only for Vietnam. The opening verse has several proper place names in it. The repeating phrase is something like, "we love Vietnam".

I don't speak Vietnamese, but the video kinda gives away the repeating phrase and I did recognize some of the place names.

EDIT: It's probably a bit reactionary, I'd imagine unity would be very important to promote in the wake of a civil war.

China the divida. I guess I know that. Just don't understand the why. Why a nations splits itself in half.

Yes, quoting myself. Thank you Ischiavo.

Kind of crazy. We that live in the USA have always had different mindsets. North/South. Liberal/Conservative, Democrat/Republican.. Union/Non Union. As of yet we are still a nation of one. I don' like our current president and think him quite evil. His promise was "change". He didn't prove it wrong. Just did it in another way.

PS. I'm not bright enough to go on the Debate thread. So what I just wrote is not a debate. Just my thoughts. Best to forget what I posted.

Ah, but we haven't always been a nation of one have we? Their occasionally arises a schism between people so egregious that it cannot be settled in a way other then the spilling of blood. Our present system allows for redress, and change, essentially to the limit in which it is possible to do so without the shedding of excessive amounts of blood. That, and the essentially mobile nature of our present society, is the reason we as a nation have been able to sustain such wildly differing viewpoints without the structure flying apart...

PP, if you think this is getting to close to debate territory feel free to delete anything you think should go.

SEDIT: It's probably a bit reactionary, I'd imagine unity would be very important to promote in the wake of a civil war.

A last resort? At least here in our good old country unity is not prevailing yet. I guess there's still hope.

A last resort? At least here in our good old country unity is not prevailing yet. I guess there's still hope.
Ah, but in a democracy unity is not a requisite for cooperation. Preferable certainly, but not essential. That's the beauty of a democracy.

CreamyGoodness said:

Dude, that's my neck! I live in Ukiah, Mendocino County. You're probably taking about the town of Mendocino, and it sounds like you came up HWY 1 to get there. Retard. ;) if I found out you came out here and didn't visit I'd kick you right in the baby maker.

Ahhhhhhh! Friday!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to keep up with all of the posts lately. I guess it's better to be too busy versus not busy enough!

I hope you all are well this evening!

Cheers and sweet smokes friends!

IMG-20130517-00842.jpg

Dan said:
PS. I'm too nice and civilized to go on the Debate thread. So what I just wrote is not a debate. Just my thoughts. Best to forget what I posted.

I fixed that last bit for you. I can do that, since probably 1/3 of my posts were logged in that blasted place.

You know, I miss a good cigar. I used to smoke the mini cigars, finally quit about a year and a half ago.

I'm more of a pipe guy, but every now and then I smoke a stick. I was a cigarette smoker for 17 years. I quit in 2000. It took me 12 years to get brave enough to smoke either a pipe or a cigar, but I seem to do fine with it. I still have no desire to smoke a cigarette. I do find that I prefer a pipe or stogie in the winter more, but tonight it just sounded like a good idea.

I'm more of a pipe guy, but every now and then I smoke a stick. I was a cigarette smoker for 17 years. I quit in 2000. It took me 12 years to get brave enough to smoke either a pipe or a cigar, but I seem to do fine with it. I still have no desire to smoke a cigarette. I do find that I prefer a pipe or stogie in the winter more, but tonight it just sounded like a good idea.
This is the third or fourth time I've quit. Every time I've had, "just one". I've been smoking on a regular basis again in no time. For me anyway, I don't dare have any.

LG is quite right PP. If this gets anywhere near debate then delete our posts.

Ah, but we haven't always been a nation of one have we? Their occasionally arises a schism between people so egregious that it cannot be settled in a way other then the spilling of blood. Our present system allows for redress, and change, essentially to the limit in which it is possible to do so without the shedding of excessive amounts of blood. That, and the essentially mobile nature of our present society, is the reason we as a nation have been able to sustain such wildly differing viewpoints without the structure flying apart...

PP, if you think this is getting to close to debate territory feel free to delete anything you think should go.

Sorry so long to respond. I had to look up "egregious" Two definitions found. 1) Outstandingly bad; shocking. 2) Remarkably good

Re-reading your post using either 1 or 2 above both make sense

I want to go more into this but do not want to get our post deleted. And also I'm chicken to go into the debate thread. Would be happy to PM on this.

Going to back out of this conversation bro. Partly cause I don't have much of a leg to stand on and also because I just want to hear this next song. :mug:

This is the third or fourth time I've quit. Every time I've had, "just one". I've been smoking on a regular basis again in no time. For me anyway, I don't dare have any.

I certainly recommend you do whatever is healthy for yourself. I guess I'm lucky that I don't get the cravings.

Giving it up is tough and my hat's off to those of you that have. I smoked cigarettes many years ago and somewhere turned to smokeless tobacco on a regular basis. Pipes and cigars are nice and there is a time for them.. but crap.. I'm addicted to Nicotine. Used to use Copenhagen tobacco. The fine cut stuff. Now use the Copenhagen pouches. I'm very weak. My willpower doesn't override the nicotine dependency.

LG is quite right PP. If this gets anywhere near debate then delete our posts.

Sorry so long to respond. I had to look up "egregious" Two definitions found. 1) Outstandingly bad; shocking. 2) Remarkably good

Re-reading your post using either 1 or 2 above both make sense

I want to go more into this but do not want to get our post deleted. And also I'm chicken to go into the debate thread. Would be happy to PM on this.

Going to back out of this conversation bro. Partly cause I don't have much of a leg to stand on and also because I just want to hear this next song. :mug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7dGdrP3pms&list=RD02IumnmhnPJKQ
Yeah, we can continue this in PM's if you'd prefer. Sorry about the archaic language. I tend to do that when I start thinking about governmental structures. I'm not sure what direction you wanted to go with the conversation, so PM me if want to keep going.

I certainly recommend you do whatever is healthy for yourself. I guess I'm lucky that I don't get the cravings.
Yeah, I was hanging out with some friends of mine who smoke today and was like. I'd really love a cigarette right now. Even after a year and a half I still get the cravings.

Wall of Voodoo are great....desert old west pop...Johnny Cash meets Devo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWoN0Ekiquw

LRB, you are truly a person I respect and trust. I liked the music you posted but couldn't distinguish the words. My hearing is a bit off, to much time around jets and airbases. But the sounds came through. I always used hearing protection but I'm getting like my dad was when he was my age. Clarity is no longer clear.

Still liked the music!

Back