DIY custom built kegerator's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djuhnk

Reaction score
Well, ive been in the process of starting up a nano with my brother. We needed a fridge that could hold 3 15.5 gallon kegs for growler fills. That led me to sacrifice my old personal kegerator for a brewery fridge.

Then the problem came. i dont have a kegerator anymore. Well SWMBO didnt like the old one anyways, so i decided to make a specific 5 corny kegerator that looked nice. I picked up a $40 mini fridge on c-list, got a sheet of oak plywood, sheet of good quality foam, a nice walnut board, some accessories, and went to work. The picture's should show the process.

is pretty important that you get a fridge with the radiator on the back if you want to do this. then all you have to do is make a slot for the cooling element, re-wire the thermostat how you want it, and mount the compressor.

It still needs a handle, and some poly, but its mostly finished. Just thought id post this up because there doesnt seem to be a lot of info out there on it. ill be reporting back on how it works.

photo (26).jpg

photo (25).jpg

photo (22).jpg

photo (27).jpg

photo (24).jpg

Back