The " I'll distract Yooper well you guys start another women&beer" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
eddieVedder.jpeg

Is it working?

I was thinking of starting a "lil wayne drinking beer" thread until you guys went and pissed Yooper off. I mean what the hey??? How can anybody make Yooper mad?

images

:mug:

I was thinking of starting a "lil wayne drinking beer" thread until you guys went and pissed Yooper off. I mean what the hey??? How can anybody make Yooper mad?

images

I know you are joking, but an FYI for everyone: all the mods weighed in on that one and were in complete, unanimous agreement. Photos do not need to be nude to be over the line. We are a diverse community here, with many women members. Plus, we provide a forum for overtly sexual content, so it doesn't need to be in the general forums.

That being said, please continue to distract Yooper . . . ;)

I was following that thread just waiting for the ban hammer to strike. It got out of control for a public forum. Oh well...off to the boneyard...

Thing thats kind of unbelievable is just how easily it could have been to keep the boat on the river, so to speak. I was hoping some of our female members would post holding up a brew. I thought perhaps someone had a picture of Bjork drinking beer (I can always hope).

The title was "beautiful women drinking beer" not "objectified drunk women without clothing."

As a guy who has been asked to reign it back more than once, I will say without qualification that offending folks here (male and female alike) is incredibly difficult. It was almost impressive that people were able to do so so completely.

Thing thats kind of unbelievable is just how easily it could have been to keep the boat on the river, so to speak. I was hoping some of our female members would post holding up a brew. I thought perhaps someone had a picture of Bjork drinking beer (I can always hope).

The title was "beautiful women drinking beer" not "objectified drunk women without clothing."

As a guy who has been asked to reign it back more than once, I will say without qualification that offending folks here (male and female alike) is incredibly difficult. It was almost impressive that people were able to do so so completely.

I'm with you, brother. I like pretty girls as much as the next guy, but some of those pics were making me uncomfortable, and soliciting some mean looks from my Mrs. while I was looking at the thread.

/Let's have more Eddie Vedder and less talking.

:D

We need "Eddie Vedder drinking beer" as a theme. Or, really Eddie can just sit there and look good too. That's almost just as good.

headbanger said:

Just an FYI this isn't Lil Wayne. It's Lil Jon. Yeeaaah.

Eddy Vedder...now THAT is offensive.

I walked out of a Pearl Jam show because of him. Luckily it was a festival and I had already gotten my money's worth for the day.

Can't find the Vedder man. We started singing that after they canceled a show in NO. I still like Pearl jam though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally LOL'd at that. So did Bob.

Thanks for brightening my whole day!!!!

most of us here are totally behind you on this one. you've got no worries, you did the right thing. Now lets all get back to drinkin' and sh*t talkin'

In its short 3 month life, the "beautiful women drinking beer" thread generated over 115k views, ranked #7 in all time views on the Drunken Ramblings and mindless mumbling community.

Of the 6 threads ranking above in views, many have taken years to achieve such activity. This post was slated to reach the #1 spot before the end of 2013. It goes without saying that it was the highlight of many members day.

I can understand why the mods decided to lock it up. Constant monitoring of this thread was likely consuming too many resources.

That being said, how about a compromise?

anyone think he looks like eddie?
\
cbc08-14.jpg

No. No. No. No! I like Justin alot, and have had more than a couple of beers with him :drunk: but he's a kid. Eddie is more my age, er, age appropriate. :D

They have their own playground already. There is a place for all of that, and they knew it.

I am saddened that the thread was locked, but I am also not surprised in the least. It definitely started out a lot better but somehow devolved into a stream of distasteful photos. I was surprised by the totally unwarranted response yooper got when she very politely asked to tone things down. That's the kind of jackassery we could use less of on HBT.

Dutch218 said:
Just an FYI this isn't Lil Wayne. It's Lil Jon. Yeeaaah.

My bad... I could say more right now but in light of recent events I'll just let it ride.

Whoooooooo-whaaaaaaaat?

There is one. It's the boneyard. There is also a SWMBO Thread and Show us your ugly mug Threads, which achieves essentially what Creamy Stated. This may or may not have been the true goal of the OG thread. However, I and many other members agree, it was inappropriate for the general thread.

From what I gather, you really need to just buck up and pay the fee to get access. All your threads either get locked or sent to the Debate Forum.

Membership is the compromise. Pretty simple. Pretty easy.

And for yoop,

tumblr_m29rveMOqr1qbx7gao1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back