Made storage mistakes any way to undo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I recently started doing home brewing and I didn’t realize to refrigerate yeast after opening. I have some alcoteck 48 hour turbo yeast and when I used it to make wine it worked really well I got lots of alcohol. Anyway I tried it about a week later and it worked but I didn’t get nearly as drunk as the first batch but drank the same amount. Anyway I just did 2 more gallons of a apple juice and it’s frothing a little but the yeast is clumping and already forming cake on the bottom. I’m ordering some better yeast soon I only just realized to refrigerate today. But is there anything I can do for my wine? I just used apple juice 1 cup of sugar and yeast but it wasn’t all clumped up last time. I get food stamps so brewing is way cheaper than buying so I’m definitely interested in home brew. Thanks

Update
The yeast fully disolved and its definitely not dead. I drank 3 glasses yesterday and its probably 12-14 ABV. Its really cloudy though and it already stopped bubbling. Im getting some Lalvin K1V-1166 next brew though hopefully I can get more alcohol. The 48 hour turbo yeast has a beer like taste tastes pretty good actually but I want a fruity wine.

Back