What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This. It's okay. Not as smooth as I would expect for 9 years old. I had to add an ice cube.

ForumRunner_20130514_194331.jpg

NICE HAUL! I will second that thanks ed5388 :)

I couldn't grant Ed's wish on the MAW thread because I was 8 or 9 days short of having my 90 in. So, we worked out a trade.

Cracked first bottle of my Hefe. Still green.

skeezer's rye saison. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful brew. Classic saison aroma with a bit of rye spiciness which is subdued in the flavor but still noticeable. A very nice citrus character is what stands out most to me with just a little farmhouse funk. Great brew, man!

20130514_213700.jpg

Thirsty Plant Thirsty Goat Amber. Meh. It was the only local brew they had at the burrito place next to the hotel. Didn't have much time to explore tonight - back to work :(

My first of 3 german ipa's I made.Used Hallertau and Magnum,hallertau dry hop.More like a pale ale though.Reminds me of how my all uk fuggles ipa was at first.Like a sweet mellow fruity aroma/flavor.First time using kolsh yeast also,very smooth beer. Not shure if the yeast is contributing to it (aroma/flavor) or not though. Fresh and lively yet and refreshing. I would say Magnum is a very clean bittering hop as suggested also,used some in fininshing the beer also I would even use it in a lager-Ive used Warrior in my only lager before with success. Im barely detecting 42 IBU's in this. Then again I have been having more II Ipa's than normal lately. Pretty dang happy with the all german ingredients. And do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around....

I have one of those aging for this winter, along with two ten Fidy's and a grand Teton black cauldron. Can't wait to try em.

I have one aging till next years release too. But I am finding some around my area still so I figured I should drink em. Would love some Ten Fidys.

Swarley88 said:
I have one aging till next years release too. But I am finding some around my area still so I figured I should drink em. Would love some Ten Fidys.

I have three Narwhals I'm saving atleast until the next release as well.
If I come across some Ten Fidy sometime, I'll let you know. In the meantime I hope you've enjoyed the Gubna.

I have three Narwhals I'm saving atleast until the next release as well.
If I come across some Ten Fidy sometime, I'll let you know. In the meantime I hope you've enjoyed the Gubna.

Gubna was great so was the Resin. And please do, been wanting to try that. I should snag more to age too of Narwhal. A really good Imperial Stout at a really good price, how can you go wrong? I have to get some Surly Darkness this year too, that'll make me a happy camper indeed.

Glad you liked them. I'll keep an eye out for the others you wanted to try from Sixpoint and OB.

Having a taste of my amber ale while checking the gravity. Kegging it this weekend. Northern Brewer hops come through nicely and balances well with the malt. Its pretty young, but you know how you can just tell it'll be great!

Cheers!

drinking a blonde made with belma. trying to get rid of the belma-hopped beers. that hop SUCKS!!!!!!! going to give away the other 10-12 oz i have left

Water. I got stung by a scorpion while doing the dishes. Little bastard was in the sink, under the cutting board. Now I get to go to work, feeling like I dipped my hand into a camp fire. I should take the day off, but it's hard to turn down a trip that pays good money. Maybe I'll take off next trip...

Water. I got stung by a scorpion while doing the dishes. Little bastard was in the sink, under the cutting board. Now I get to go to work, feeling like I dipped my hand into a camp fire. I should take the day off, but it's hard to turn down a trip that pays good money. Maybe I'll take off next trip...

My condolences. I've been hit 2 times by bark scorpions (most venemous scorpions in north america). The very worst pain I have ever felt. Ice packs are your friend. If it's been a while since you have had a tetanus shot, it's a good idea to get one. Feel better...

marcb said:
Just had my citra pale, finishing off my night with a Pliny! Trim and paint are done. Floor touch up, electrical and plumbing should be all done tomorrow!

You are settling for the real deal.....your clone is better!

Your pale inspired me to brew this IPA....and it turned out pretty good. I'll share some next visit. Stoked to see your brewery build moving along so quickly. Sick as sh$t.

I just helped a neighbor (who has sn hookup) move a dresser in trade for some canned summerfest.

image-130146705.jpg

BrewinHooligan said:
My condolences. I've been hit 2 times by bark scorpions (most venemous scorpions in north america). The very worst pain I have ever felt. Ice packs are your friend. If it's been a while since you have had a tetanus shot, it's a good idea to get one. Feel better...

I got hit earlier this evening, right on the end of my middle finger. It felt like someone checked my blood sugar with a broad sword. It was a bark scorpion, but not the bad ones you guys have. My hand feels much better now, so I can handle going to work. A beer sure would have been nice though. That's ok, I'm planning on having a day off when I get back, so I can tap my keg of IPA, and get caught up on some things...

I was DD tonight, just got back from the killers concert at MSG... I was the only one who knew how to drive in the city...

I did see alot of people drinking their beer with a lid and through a straw... It hurt my soul

Glad you liked them. I'll keep an eye out for the others you wanted to try from Sixpoint and OB.

Sweet some Coffee Bender and Abrasive would be headed your way. I also found one more 4 pack of Marooned, going to have to snag that one for myself soon!

The more I hear about Oklahoma, the less I want to go there. That sounds like no fun.

Swarley88 said:
Sweet some Coffee Bender and Abrasive would be headed your way. I also found one more 4 pack of Marooned, going to have to snag that one for myself soon!

Man, that Marooned is so good. I'll be sad when my last one is gone. Do you know if it was a one time thing or if they're going to release more?

Mountain Dew Orange Kickstart ( I don't drink coffee unless its in my beer) finalizing my notes before brewing a barleywine today. Im not allowed to drink till the notes are done

Ostomo517 said:
Mountain Dew Orange Kickstart ( I don't drink coffee unless its in my beer) finalizing my notes before brewing a barleywine today. Im not allowed to drink till the notes are done

That definitely is the best way to have coffee so I don't blame you. ;)
I've been thinking about brewing a barleywine. I've only ever bought them, never brewed one myself.

Ostomo517 said:
Its the yr. 2000 Stone Old Guardian recipe.

I do like some Old Guardian. I have a couple of the Oak Smoked in the beer closet right now. They'll probably stay there a while.

Latest posts

Back