Longtrail Rye ESB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmbigda

Reaction score
I know this a random clone choice but I'm looking to make a beer very similar to this and am curious if anyone out there liked it as much as me, and has recipe ideas. This was part of their "Farmhouse Collection" mixed 12 pack. For me it's the perfect amount of hop bitterness and flavor for an easy drinking yet flavorful beer like this. it's really in between ESB and English ipa. it will compliment the IPAs, porter, and Belgians I have on tap.

The rye was not overly apparent but enough to notice a spicy complexity. I'm thinking caramunich and Vienna. maybe a small amount of pale chocolate. the longtrail ale and double bag both have wheat and chocolate malt so it's reasonable to assume this does. perhaps the no wheat given the rye.

I'm guessing chinook for bittering and probably willamette/fuggles/tettnang. fuggles and/or tettnang for that earthy hop character. again longtrail ale has tettnang so that's perhaps a clue.

longtrail has a house yeast strain but most other clone attempts on here seem to be using wyeast 1007 which sounds good.

Did you ever brew
I know this a random clone choice but I'm looking to make a beer very similar to this and am curious if anyone out there liked it as much as me, and has recipe ideas. This was part of their "Farmhouse Collection" mixed 12 pack. For me it's the perfect amount of hop bitterness and flavor for an easy drinking yet flavorful beer like this. it's really in between ESB and English ipa. it will compliment the IPAs, porter, and Belgians I have on tap.

The rye was not overly apparent but enough to notice a spicy complexity. I'm thinking caramunich and Vienna. maybe a small amount of pale chocolate. the longtrail ale and double bag both have wheat and chocolate malt so it's reasonable to assume this does. perhaps the no wheat given the rye.

I'm guessing chinook for bittering and probably willamette/fuggles/tettnang. fuggles and/or tettnang for that earthy hop character. again longtrail ale has tettnang so that's perhaps a clue.

longtrail has a house yeast strain but most other clone attempts on here seem to be using wyeast 1007 which sounds good.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I absolutely loved this beer. They had cases of it available at the brewery in 2016 and I am kicking myself for not buying more. I am dying to know if you successfully cloned it. I reached out to Long Trail to see if they would share the recipe.

Back