What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished brewing... And yet the wizard grows wiser still

image-950195401.jpg

Definitely do, Weyerbacher makes nice sours. And yeah, for the most part the wife's cool with gear in inconvenient places around the house. :D

My wife just laughs, then goes and pours a big glass of wine and walks away. She is actually super cool about the brewing stuff. Just started a batch of Apfelwine and it was stinking pretty bad. She actually didn't mind. The whole house smelled like Bigfoots d!ck!! Myabe she has met Bigfoot.....:drunk:

My wife just laughs, then goes and pours a big glass of wine and walks away. She is actually super cool about the brewing stuff. Just started a batch of Apfelwine and it was stinking pretty bad. She actually didn't mind. The whole house smelled like Bigfoots d!ck!! Myabe she has met Bigfoot.....:drunk:

Bwahahahahahaha! :ban: Yeah, mine's generally cool with it as long as they're not in her way directly. ATM, the largest fermenter in the living room is her shiraz. Mine are all tucked away nicely in a closet. :D

More SUCKS. Man, I'm so over this stuff, but I'm going to have to take one for the team. I have 2 more six packs to get rid of.

Thanks! I honestly think that might be my next brew. I have a Pliny clone that is awesome right now and about to Keg. Although I think the wife would want something else. Shes not a hophead like me.

You should also listen to the pod cast. Matt Burelson (hope I got his name right. I got s!*+ for memory). Is awesome to listen to talk about beer!

Edit: Matt Brendelson, sorry about that. It wont happen again

Always a good day when you got your smoker going and having a good beer. Tonight I enjoyed Bridgeport's Smooth Ryed and my latest brew, a Pliny The Elder clone. Life is Good!

HB Saison almost carbed up probably by the end of the weekend, faint aroma, just a touch of yeast character and malty yet clean, could definatly be drier, but ill take what I get

I just switched to Founders All Day IPA, because I DO have to get something done today. Not for a while, but still.

Channel66 said:
Send it this way I haven't tried it.

I'd be willing to part with a few if you wanted to set something up. What else might you be interested in that I could look for here in So Cal?

Ostomo517 said:
Monks Cafe Flemish Sour while making starter for my sour brown ale

Nice. Did I see you say something about using commercial lacto? White labs is worthless, wyeast isn't much better.

Having some Berliner while my wort for a strong sour black ale boils.

Should I just go with the raw grain method next time?

Depends on what you're after. Guessing you're brewing Saturday? I'd send you some blends to chose from, but I can't make it to FedEx to dorp off right now. If you don't end up with as much sour as you want, JP dregs are the way to go.

Depends on what you're after. Guessing you're brewing Saturday? I'd send you some blends to chose from, but I can't make it to FedEx to dorp off right now. If you don't end up with as much sour as you want, JP dregs are the way to go.

Cool thanks for the tip, I will probably go with JP dregs just to be on the safe side.

Sorry TNGabe all out of the Mikkeller Farmhouse IPA. Picked up some stuff from Logsdon though going to building up there seizon strain and the seizon bretta soon!

Back