Our Home Pub Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whiskey is most likely 52-60% barrel strength. You could cut it down with some water to about 40% to be at normal bourbon. Nice work though!

Thanks for the info and the kind words. Will likely cut it down some. :mug:

You sir, are a craftsman! I wish I had learned more about word working from my dad back in the day. Really nice work!

Thank You so much for your comments. My Dad (90 years old on 4th June) taught me the importance of trying to do it right even if it took more time and patience. His input, demonstration and advice took me on the road to becoming a mechanical engineer. Always thought he was "full of it" in the early years but realised he was full of incredible advice and knowledge in the years after that. I have tried to do the same thing with our children.
:mug:

This has really turned out nicely. I especially love what you did with the drum kit.

Thank you, our son is a drummer / lead singer / songwriter with a band and this is his old "starter" drum kit. Thought we would "spruce it up" a bit for the pub. Need to get new skins for them and thinking maybe putting some LED's in the bass drum. Friend of our sons is an artist and will be putting our logo on the front of the bass drum skin. Just put the under bar top lights in place this evening and finished off the first barrel. It will be in place tomorrow evening along with another pub height table and 2 bar chairs we picked up yesterday on the way home from the campground.

This. Is. AWESOME!! Great work, enjoy your new pub!

Not sure if you watch Family Guy, but I can't help but think of when Peter built a bar in his basement...

yeoldepub.jpg

This. Is. AWESOME!! Great work, enjoy your new pub!

Not sure if you watch Family Guy, but I can't help but think of when Peter built a bar in his basement...

Thank You, have seen that Family Guy episode but not for some time. Will for sure watch it again now you have reminded me :mug:

I am stunned on how amazing this looks from start to finish. It would be an honor to drink in such a beautifully done home-pub. Great work!

Thanks to all for the positive words and encouragement.
Picked up a bar height table and 2 chairs last weekend. 1st barrel is in place but will have a couple of regular bar stools next to it. 2nd barrel coming soon. Under bar multi colour lights in place. Really cool. Lights in multiple colours and has a flash, strobe, "on" and fade function all by remote control. The official "Drunken Skunk" sign is on the wall as well. The kitchen type table and 4 chairs will soon be history and replaced with something more suitable. Modifications in process to the "Miller" pump and will be added when completed. Won't be long now !!!!!

DSC06702.jpg

DSC06706.jpg

DSC06711.jpg

DSC06713.jpg

DSC06719.jpg

I love the seating area. It really brings your bar to the next level.

that is awesome to see from start to finish, and u keep adding more! so... is the next thing you are installing a microbrewery attachment? :rockin:

that is awesome to see from start to finish, and u keep adding more! so... is the next thing you are installing a microbrewery attachment? :rockin:

That is the plan, however it will be a fall project after the campground closes for the winter. :mug:

That is the plan, however it will be a fall project after the campground closes for the winter. :mug:

This is amazing!

Now you have a place for all your homebrew to disappear! :tank:

what did Ben Franklin say... "He who drinks alone can catch his horse alone..."

Then again, like chicken little, where were all the neighborhood dads when home-pub was being built? Haha, enjoy man, you've earned your beer today!

Thanks everyone. A few more things have been added since the last photo set. Will post the updates shortly for all to see. 2 additional bar stools, another barrel, some Liverpool memorabillia from our recent trip to England and a couple of illuminated signs and a chalkboard........Watch this space :mug::D

Official opening night will be in the fall after the campground closes.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Located in South West Ontario. Come on down. :D

Campground season almost over so a few more things done. Still waiting the "Disco Light" Miller tap is up, more stuff on the walls and a couple of electronic signs.

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

Back