little worms?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinergy

Reaction score
Hi,
a few days ago while taking away the cloth form the jar where I did my first kombucha, I realized that there were a number of, what I after realized were, little worms that had a color similar to that of the kombucha liquid (a bit lighter maybe), they were all staying on the dry part of the jar very close to the opening. I thought that they might be frut fly larvae. But just a few minutes ago I read this article about vinager eels, I wonder if they actually were these types of worms instead. I haven't yet drank the kombucha yet, just tasted it (and it tastes very good!). But I wonder what I should do. Perhaps asking those who gave me the scoby to check whether they had found any as well.
The article suggest to throw away all the kombucha, I guess because there may be eggs in the liquid that are not visible with naked eye? And to check the scoby. However if the scoby does have eggs I might not be able to see them so I should probably discard even the scoby.
Any thoughts?

Back