New Kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think those are both the same pot. One is calling it 9 gallon the other 32 qt, neither completely accurate. They are actually 8.75 gallon if filled to overflowing. I have 2 of these pots and got them a couple years ago when they first came out and paid 100.00 each without the thermometer or valve:(

I've actually been very happy with them. They are perfect for BIAB 5-6 gallon batches. I'd go with the first one since I would actually prefer the "mistake" they list with the thermometer well closer to the ball valve. On the ones that are drilled the standard way you have to have 3.75 gallon or so to have the water reach the thermometer and sometimes with my setup I would like to have less water than that in my "dunk sparge" kettle and still be able to use the thermometer to measure the temp.

Edit: I take it back, those aren't the same pots. The lids look the same but the handles are different. The ones I have are the first one listed at 9 gallons (but as mentioned not actually full 9 gallons, but close enough). I'd definitely go with the top ones. They are surprisingly heavy duty and with a SS valve and thermometer for 90 buck? Getdafukoutahere, you ain't gonna beat that :)

Boom... Wife ordered it for fathers day! got the hose and the bazooka screen with it... shipped for 103. Woo hoo... not sure when it'll get here...but who cares!!!

FYI if you were ordering from AIH they are shipping these kettles yesterday!!! Woo hoo!

Back