Best starter kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the stores have about the same setups but I think this is the best one I've found lately Is from austinhomebrew.com
Midwest supplies has a decent one for about $90. My advice is to find the best kettle you think you will ever need and then get the better one.

Midwest sometimes has a groupon for a starter kit. Also, Northern Brewer has run pre-fathers day sale is the past for a kit at a good price. Austin is good for flat rate shipping. Also Williams Brewing, they have kits that come with a wort chiller!

This one, http://www.windriverbrew.com/apprentice.html, at $59.95 (plus shipping) is the best deal I'm aware of since it also includes your choice of a 5-gallon batch ingredient kit (with dry yeast). Just be sure to choose an ale unless you can ferment at 48-50*F.:D

Also suggest you buy some StarSan and an autosiphon.

You're welcome.

It doesn't come with a secondary, but lots of folks rarely if ever use one. I do not secondary unless I have a specific reason (like adding something). I do other things to clarify my brew which work just fine.

Back