Light fixtures over my keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shetc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My keezer is in a dark corner of the house so built a couple of light fixtures to brighten things up. Made from oak and fitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
20180811_160153.jpeg
20180811_155826.jpeg

Very nice.

Did you cut the bottom of the mason jars or drill any vent holes in the lid? Do they get very hot?

One added touch you could do would be to connect a length of black pipe to the bottom to act as a conduit for the cord. Would only need to be long enough to get behind the keezer. Cords make me twinge repeatedly.

Sweet tap handles too!

Very nice.

Did you cut the bottom of the mason jars or drill any vent holes in the lid? Do they get very hot?

One added touch you could do would be to connect a length of black pipe to the bottom to act as a conduit for the cord. Would only need to be long enough to get behind the keezer. Cords make me twinge repeatedly.

Sweet tap handles too!
Haven't drilled any vent holes - when I next use them, I'll see how hot they get. Thanks for the safety tip.

Also, like the black pipe idea. Didn't feel like messing with the wall so I will give that a try. Cheers!

Back