GF Kits? Anybody sell them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBBrewer

Reaction score
I have a buddy that drinks Redbridge and enjoys it, but asked me to brew him a GF beer and this is something I know very little about. I was thinking to keep it simple, I would just buy a kit, all grain or extract, and brew it, but I am having a hard time finding a place that sells GF kits. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Brewer's Best makes a gluten-free ale kit. We just ordered some today to try them out, but we won't get them for about a week. I would talk to your LHBS and see if they can special order it for you.

If you can't get one or you decide to go with a recipe, it might be a good idea to find one that has a lot of hops. I've found that gluten free beer tends to have a weird sweet flavor that's not very pleasant. If you can make a beer with a decent body and a big hop bill, that can compensate for the sorghum flavor.

Thanks for the links. I did do a search and only came up with 1 match in many pages of responses. Thanks again!

I actually just brewed the MoreBeer GF Honey Ale yesterday. This was my first MoreBeer recipe and the directions were not what i'm used to seeing from other kits (maybe it's just me). Anyway, it was simple enough but made some changes.

If you read the kit instructions, they have you doing a 60 min boil on the 6 lbs sorghum, 1.5 lb honey, malto, dried rice extract. Since hops are not added until 30 minutes, I didn't see a need to pile in all ingredients for a 60 min boil when hop utilization isn't a factor. I've never really used Malto and honey until the 15 minute mark on other recipes, and from what I've read, sorghum at flameout helps with the twang taste.

So I boiled 3 lbs of sorghum and the rice solids for about 40 mins; added hops per the instructions, then added malto and honey at 15 minutes before flame out and the remaining 3 lbs of sorghum at flameout.

I don't know if I screwed this up by adjusting the directions...we'll see. I'll let you know.

Seven Bridges Cooperative has one I was thinking of trying. It comes with raw buckwheat, which you have to crush and toast.

Latest posts

Back