Primary Fermentation bubbled for first night and stopped.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As per the recipe I chilled the wort and added the yeast at around 78 degrees F. A couple hours later it began bubbling. Overnight it bubbled vigorously until about 4:00 pm the next day when bubbling completely stopped. Should I be worried?

As per the recipe I chilled the wort and added the yeast at around 78 degrees F. A couple hours later it began bubbling. Overnight it bubbled vigorously until about 4:00 pm the next day when bubbling completely stopped. Should I be worried?

Don't be worried.

Next time, however, disregard instructions that tell you to pitch into 78*F wort. That's too warm by 10*F. Better to pitch at 64-65*F and then ferment at that temp too.

thanks, this is my first brew so I was VERY careful to follow the directions exactly. :)
I will be reading a lot from this forum before the next batch.

Is it okay to stir the wort during the first fermentation? or am I just being a n00b in asking this?

Back