Brewmaster does do other companies also

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
I live near brewmaster warehouse so I use them but I want to use someone else cuz they suck. Do other companies have the brew builder option where you can put a recpie together instead of having to order large amounts of grain I don't need?

benzy4010 said:
I live near brewmaster warehouse so I use them but I want to use someone else cuz they suck. Do other companies have the brew builder option where you can put a recpie together instead of having to order large amounts of grain I don't need?

Are you saying you want only the grain for a single batch?? Just about any LHBS will sell you any amount of any grain you want ... Down to the ounce ... And if there's not a good shop near you, you can always order just about any recipe from Midwest supplies, MoreBeer, Austin Homebrew or any other Internet retailer ..

The Brewmaster's site makes it easy to create recipes. Most places will have the supplies that BMW has. If you're close to Brewmaster's, you're reasonably close to Winecraft, Beer Depot, or a new place in Cartersville called Muskedine's.

What I would do is use the Brew Builder to form a recipe, then go elsewhere with that recipe. They can replicate it exactly or get really close.

I've never had a real problem with Brewmaster's. They've had a few poor choices of employees and they don't always have what the website says they have, but the manager generally makes it right if he knows about a problem.

BMW sucks even though they are local for you, they have the brew builder which you like, and will allow you to order custom amounts of grain. Yeah they suck alright. :smack:

Have you had the b@lls to go tell them this in person (since you are local and all) or did you come here directly to slag on them?

NOt so black or white as broadbill but, what is you problem with BMW? Saying they suck will get results like above from those that do like them. Telling us you issue will have you avoid the problem in the future (any one of the alternatives suggested might have the exact same problem that you think sucks).

Hmmm... had the OP said "... but I want to use someone else cuz for personal reasons I don't wish to go into, I'd rather shop elsewhere" would you have felt the same?

I figure everyone has a right to find anyone sucky for whatever reason. However if the sucky business has one service that is quite nice which no-one else offers the suck-accuser may have no choice but to, er, suck it up.

The brew-builder option is neat. And I can't find any other site with any thing like it. But as amandabab notes austinhomebrew will let you order to the ounce-- As will any brew-shop you visit physically-- (this implies austinhomebrew will have a person fill your order personally which is an unusually nice touch in the internet age).

Hmmm... had the OP said "... but I want to use someone else cuz for personal reasons I don't wish to go into, I'd rather shop elsewhere" would you have felt the same?

yes, I would still feel the same.

I figure everyone has a right to find anyone sucky for whatever reason. However if the sucky business has one service that is quite nice which no-one else offers the suck-accuser may have no choice but to, er, suck it up.

I agree that somebody is entitled to their opinion and also to voice it, but they'd better have some evidence as to why they feel that way. I'm also entitled to call them out on their BS as I did.

Speaking of BS, I think its BS that people come to this site to bust on a vendor instead of taking their problem to the vendor first. I'll wait to be proven wrong by the OP when he comes back to say that he did contact BMW and they blew him off, thus validating this statement of "they suk" We shall see...

The brew-builder option is neat. And I can't find any other site with any thing like it. But as amandabab notes austinhomebrew will let you order to the ounce-- As will any brew-shop you visit physically-- (this implies austinhomebrew will have a person fill your order personally which is an unusually nice touch in the internet age).

How do you think your grain orders are filled at an of these outfits, by robot? They all have people filling orders personally....

How do you think your grain orders are filled at an of these outfits, by robot? They all have people filling orders personally....

They all have people taking pre-packaged bags and boxes of pre-determined sizes off the shelves.

But very few have people measuring and bagging custom amounts of loose grain for you personally. Or so it would seem from most web sites which would seem to only allow you to buy by the pound.

They all have people taking pre-packaged bags and boxes of pre-determined sizes off the shelves.

But very few have people measuring and bagging custom amounts of loose grain for you personally. Or so it would seem from most web sites which would seem to only allow you to buy by the pound.

yep, and we apparently expect these guys to put together our custom orders to the ounce, mill them and ship them all in the same amount of time it takes for some guy to pull a bag off the shelf and throw it in a box.

A year ago BMW was the bees knees for their brew builder, because they would sell by the ounce now everyone has turned on them because...shockingly...it actually takes time to put together than imperial mocha stout that have 15 different specialty grains....and oh yeah, make that double milled, too....

`

yep, and we apparently expect these guys to put together our custom orders to the ounce, mill them and ship them all in the same amount of time it takes for some guy to pull a bag off the shelf and throw it in a box.

No, I *don't* expect them to. That's why I was surprised when austin home brew and brewmaster warehouse do. It's a definite plus.

A year ago BMW was the bees knees for their brew builder, because they would sell by the ounce now everyone has turned on them because...shockingly...it actually takes time

`

I was neither aware that BMW was ever the bee's knees nor that everyone was turning on them now.

The brew builder, which I first heard of today, is pretty nifty and I agree with you, that it's hypocritical to like one aspect of the brew-builder but then to turn and ***** about the inevitable consequence and figure one is entitled to want everything, now and ***** and moan if you can't have it.

But I figured the question "does any company have something similar to the brew builder" is a legitimate one (short answer; no). I personally would have left out the "cause they suck" because it's irrelevant and subjective and inflamitory, but I wasn't going to judge anyone for thinking something sucks. I think *lots* of things suck. (Jeez, all you hipster crafters can you *lay off* on the Xtreme, kick-ass, punk, inSANE, etc. etc. attitudes... it's soooo tedious... )

But yeah, I agree with you. It's wrong to post in a disguise to slag. (If one wants to slag then one should actually ennounciate just what one is slagging on.) And it's hypocritical to like one specific aspect of a company that is unique to them but to dislike the company on other grounds and then feel you are *entitled* to have the one thing about the company on another company you like better.

I just wasn't close enough to the whole lets-bash-on-Brewmasterwarehous-cause-all-the-other-cool-kids-bash-em to recognize this post as an example of that.

I've been there and told Ed how unsatisfurd with the three orders that were said to be ready for pick up but when I got to the store they hasn't built them yet and didn't have all the grain and said it would be about a week till the trick came in. So yea I'm slamming them but not just ranting on the forum bud

I don't care if people them or not but when you have three orders screwed up and they don't really care that gets old, sorry to upset anyone

I've also been five other peoples orders Sauk g it was mine here's examples

I've been there and told Ed how unsatisfurd with the three orders that were said to be ready for pick up but when I got to the store they hasn't built them yet and didn't have all the grain and said it would be about a week till the trick came in. So yea I'm slamming them but not just ranting on the forum bud

Now that is a ligitimate reason to think they suck :D it should only say it is ready when it is ready!
What is it you like about the brew builder? That you can get exact quantities or that it tells you about the specs of the beer as you are ordering. If it is the later I would suggest getting one of the good brewing software (some really good ones are free!) and develop you recipe in there then just order what you need of anywhere else that does exact quantities.

I'm going to be more clear with what I'm trying to say. They do have a nice option for build a brew And the close location however I am frustrated with the customer service and the lack of communication when they do not have a product that they say they have. Also when they leave a message stating an order is ready for pick up when it is not. Saying they suck is rather strong and I should have been more clear. I have to travel a lot and when I get to brew its days that I have planed ahead for. It's just frustrating.

Sounds like they are having *serious* growing pains.

benzy4010 said:
I'm going to be more clear with what I'm trying to say. They do have a nice option for build a brew And the close location however I am frustrated with the customer service and the lack of communication when they do not have a product that they say they have. Also when they leave a message stating an order is ready for pick up when it is not. Saying they suck is rather strong and I should have been more clear. I have to travel a lot and when I get to brew its days that I have planed ahead for. It's just frustrating.

I would be frustrated as well for sure

I'm glad I fell across this thread - I never knew of the Brewmasters' Warehouse recipe builder. They have many simple recipes already on file. Thanks!

Brewmasters Warehouse's problems have been well documented here. I have had my own dealings with them and have since stopped using them because of incompetence and poor service. If you go on the BMW vender thread you will see the same story repeated over and over from one home brewer after another.
My opinion has nothing to do with silly accusations that could have been fixed with a phone call.
I just don't want the others in the brewing community to have to endure the frustration and disappointment that I have in dealing with BMW.
If they ever get straightened back out they will be my #1 again because they were simply the best.

I feel bad to pile on ... I started using Brewmaster's Warehouse because because of the flat rate shipping, fractional weighing of grain and BN Army discount. My first order or two went fine but since then my orders have all been back ordered. My current pending order, I had to write to them twice to see when the 15 day 'pending' status on my order was?

I've also found off measurements of grain ... plus my efficiency is about 7% less from their grain (crushed) vs my LHBS.

thought about it, and decided a little piling on is called for...I'm probably like a lot of guys. 2years ago I loved the service, reponse, and quick ship. Over that same time I've spent WAAAAY over $1000 with BMH. These days (for the past 6 to 9 months) my orders are always delayed, or simply not shipped with no communication. I've also emailed repeatedly about the inconsistent crush lately that has wreaked havoc on my efficiency, which had gotten really dialed in. These days I have no idea what the crush will look like when I get it.

I'm waiting to hear about an order right now...again, like most guys, I have to plan my brewdays a week or 2 in advance. Now I have no idea if my order is going to show up this week, next week, or take a guess. Then my yeast starter schedule is screwed. It's too bad, and I worry that BMH may be a cautionary tale for other online vendors. Don't take your eye off what you do well.

The onlu reason I go back is because its local but they always seem to be out of something. Also FYI they don't sell some hops online they list them as in available or sold out but they tend to have them in the store. Their response was to many people want them so we run out a lot so if we don't allow them to the online buyers we won't run out so fast

I have used BMW for about the last 1-2 years. It was nice and convenient for me since they are literally right down the road. That makes it nice when you need something last minute and cannot wait for an order to be shipped from elsewhere. However, the customer service going downhill some does make me strongly consider looking to see what other local brew stores are available... even if i had to drive a little bit.

Hop city down near five seasons brewery is doing a great job really a pretty good selection

Give Just Brew It on the Southside a try. Doug will have your order ready for pick up or will ship. Also, the most reliable & consistent crush anywhere! 770-719-0222.

Latest posts

Back