Carpentry and assemble of keezer trim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipe99

Reaction score
Building a "Keezer" I am copying what guntr posted (full link at bottom of this message) and have no idea how this individual was able to add the wood stained trim around the lid and rolling base so that no screws or splotches are visible.

Here is the base that I have already completed. Now I need to add trim and counter top for the lid.

This is how the base fits under the freezer.

Here is the first picture of the bottom trim. This is what I need to know. How did he connect the trim to the base without any screws or brackets visible? Did he just glue it?

Same question here. I can manage the middle counter top, but what are those splotches of white around the wood. Looks like he maybe drilled screw in and covered them? What I also dont get is what he used to stain it so that you cannot see the splotches at all in the final stained photo

I also do not know how he got the countertop so flush against the wood. Its almost flawless.

Here is the full album if more pics will help.

Does the wood staining alone hide the white splotches in the original? The wood trim does not look like the sanded filling showed through at all

Cool thank you! I read up on wood filling and will run a couple test runs using both that and wood plugs like at :20 in video. As of now I think i am leaning towards the plugs but will do both. thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the corners of your base are held together with screws, although I don't see any. It looks like the only strength you have in the corners are the screws through the plates of the wheels. Are those miters corners only glued? You may find the weight of the keezer too much for that, as a glued miter joint has very little strength in itself (both sides being cross grain).

Back